Author Topic: New Seats  (Read 1624 times)

GA Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 218
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
New Seats
« on: Apr 12, 2011, 04:24:59 PM »
Im not sure if this is the right area to post or not but, I think Im gonna be in the market for new seats really soon. Ive got a bad back and the seats in my truck now arent to comfy (they dont breath either). My truck is an 88 4Runner. I was looking at maybe putting in some mastercraft seats in if they will fit. I was wondering if they fit in this model 4runner or not? And how comfy are they? I love my truck and dont want to have to get rid of it but with my back the way it is I will either need new seats or a new car. If I do have to get rid of it I may try to keep it in the family in hopes that my back is good enough to handle it one day. Any suggestions would be great
89' 4Runner

OOPS

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Re: New Seats
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
Best thing you could is find a place that sells aftermarket seats and go sit in them.
David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

yoshaleng

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 134
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2011, 01:06:14 AM »
you can get seats off of a 94-00 acura integra. they give you agjustable back support and they're pretty comfy. they give you the side support you want but won't restrict you from looking out the window on trails.

83MT

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Member since Jun '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2011, 09:51:06 AM »
I just picked up Acura seats and they're really nice. Haven't installed them yet...but they'll be a huge improvement over my 85 buckets, which replace the really crappy original 83 bench. Need to fab some seat rails though, as it's not a direct bolt in for me.
Zach
I like Yotatech

SloCrawler

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -116
  • Male Posts: 1,333
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60800.msg856812#msg856812
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »
i got 94 civic seats and i love them, not direct bolt in but very close

GA Runner [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 218
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »
you can get seats off of a 94-00 acura integra. they give you agjustable back support and they're pretty comfy. they give you the side support you want but won't restrict you from looking out the window on trails.

The sad thing about my back is that I am probly done going on trails and stuff. My back just cant handle all that jarring from the trail. I went hunting the other day and hit  a pretty big hole on the trail to my spot and my back was hurting pretty bad
89' 4Runner

Jagdverband44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 155
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2011, 12:46:41 AM »
Man it sucks to hear about your back holding you up. My Dad was in a Fireman for 32 years in SF and he herniated three discs in his back  and had to take medical leave for a good amount of time. It was the reason he retired early and can never come wheeling with me. I do have a suggestion for you; Look for Mercedes W126 seats. There are certain models that have air powered lumbar supports that can be height adjusted. It will take a hell of a lot of modification and some wiring because the seats are electric and you will need an air pump, but they do fit width wise. Just thought I throw out the idea of ultimate comfort. I had a 300sd with the lumbar seats and I could have stayed in those seats for  a thousand miles at a time.
I've got the most liftedest truck in town, that little jap truck done stand no chance gainst my Chevy. My Chevy gots a V8 more lift an bigger tires,and an exhaust system, whats yer tuna can got, a V4, and them tires look like they is offa Saturn Corulla. The dealer instulled my lift, so ya no its done right, you just try to foller me throo them rocks an see what a reel truck can do.

4RunnerChevy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 1,426
  • Member since Sep '08
  • Santa Cruz Mountains
    • View Profile
    • Santa Cruz Wheelers
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2011, 07:32:39 AM »
i got 94 civic seats and i love them, not direct bolt in but very close

x2 on the seats

When my back is jacked, and I have to wheel, I put the 5 point harness on.  It keeps me in good posture, and doesn't allow me to move too much.  I normally don't use them except in extreme wheeling.

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2011, 11:55:27 AM »
Mid 90s SR5 4Runner seats are great and they do bolt right in.
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:05:47 PM »
@nd and 3rd Gen Runner seats will bolt right in, as well as truck bucket seats from the same generation.  Supra and Celica seats will also work but take a little extra work. 

I too have a bad back(4 herniated discs) for almost 20 yrs now and still wheel when I can.  You just have to go very slow, run a good set of shocks, about 10psi in the tires, and get yourself a good back brace.  I dread every trip, and I pay for it for about a week after, but wheeling is the only way I get to enjoy the outdoors anymore, so I figure it is worth the pain for now.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

hansi530

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 412
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2011, 07:09:46 PM »
i went with the summit racing bucket seats i love them and they look great
88 custom cab: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88026.new#new
shitlbuffout-A saying among 4x4 and off road enthusiasts. Its said after damage normally cosmetic to minor parts damage has occurred on there rig or vehicle. Shitlbuffout is :pokinit: will buff out as in the :pokinit: being the damage will buff as in painted over cleaned polished or "buffed" out.