Author Topic: 85 front axle, torn down ready for rebuild, in florence oregon, $150  (Read 933 times)

BoG-ToY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I just copy and pasted from my craigslist, hopefully I got it all

85 toyota front axle, torn down ready for rebuild - $150 (Florence)

Its MOSTLY complete, but not absolutly complete.

the housing appears to be strait and in good shape,

knuckles and spindles also appear in good shape, wheel hubs are there with rotors, ROTORS ARE RUSTY.

I have ONE aisan locking hub with hardware MISSING the dial, spring and engagement gear BUT the 30 spline hub gear is still there, IFS toyota, and suzuki samurai parts can be used as well as possibly some nissan or isuzu, I also have one other 30 spline inner gear that could be mounted in an IFS hub body or a samurai hub body, BUT you most likely will have to use the newer method of attachment like a bolt and washer.

Things you will NEED to get.

One backing plate OR a pair of backing plate eliminators.

A FULL knuckle rebuild kit, with all gaskets and seals, including the wheel hub dust shields, as well as knuckle and wheel bearings.

brake rotors and calipers of your choice

ALL the hardware is there EXCEPT, the lockout cones nuts and washers for one side, the brake caliper bolts and I think thats it

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Otherwise email me if interested.

PS, I only have ONE steering arm, the J-arm is GONE as well as the knuckle bearing that went with it (otherwise the other three are there and seem to be good)

price is $150 in florence or $175 and I can take it to eugene...

also, I have a 4.10 third that I got from a guy who took it apart to to change out a seal or something...
bearings are good... gears are matching, but needs a crush sleeve, a pinion seal, and to be assembled... BUT I dont know what the backlash was.

Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

Sparkplug

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -130
  • Male Posts: 2,046
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
shud have thrown it in the back of ur parents car, :) ,  id have shot u some cash
2008 TRD 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma
1994 12 valve 5 speed 4x4 single cab dodge 2500
1986 22re 5speed 3link 4runner (the beater)
1982 3rz swapped pickup (in progress)