Author Topic: Any computer techish peeps?  (Read 1215 times)

82juguete

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
Any computer techish peeps?
« on: Mar 26, 2010, 12:12:37 AM »
So i started on this vector rendering of my truck, mainly for the purpose of trying out different paint schemes, etc... it really came about when i was feeling out the xtra-cab mod, then i used it to explain my radius arm idea on another thread.

Anyways...it got me thinking.  Being that its a vector illustration, changes like colors, scale, rotation, etc are super easy.  My plan?  I was wondering if anyone out there knows about or is capable of creating an interface or realtime editing site or something in which paint color can be changed, as well as suspension, tires, etc.  If so, we could collaborate and i would be willing to create vector wheel tire combos and sizes, all the body styles of 4runners and pickups through the generations, 4, 5, 6" lift springs, etc. and the result would be some awesome software that could stop alot of the "what size tires, what size lift" type of questions.

I've seen this for certain wheel sites and stuff, but i wanna take it to the next level... MC bumpers, canvas toppers, campers, window tint, etc, etc...  I just know that i like to try alot of stuff out on my truck digitally before i go for the real thing, and this would be a super accessible way for others to do the same.

Anyone know of how to execute the "interface" aspect of this?

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
Re: Any computer techish peeps?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2010, 09:16:04 AM »
I'm not sure how to execute it (other than actually drawing up each individual case), but I like the idea. I always try to draw/photoshop/cad any mods I'd like to see, and something like this could help people with visualizations like you mentioned
Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers

82juguete [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
Re: Any computer techish peeps?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2010, 12:00:31 PM »
Right... i know you're the same way. I'm thinking its gonna require some pretty intense code writing to create this "generator" that lets people make realtime adjustments by just clicking on a toolbar or something.  I'm gonna run it by a couple friends when i get back to school who are pretty web saavy, and see what they think.