Author Topic: Parting out 82 toy  (Read 7085 times)

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Parting out 82 toy
« Reply #60 on: Jun 22, 2009, 11:44:42 PM »
I have the next couple days off and will try and get some better pics of the bed sides for you and we'll take it from there  ;)
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jun 23, 2009, 08:31:05 PM »
Just finished flushing the coolant and running it for a while and got the idle down.  Turns out some nimrod had the idle screw in about 1 turn too far  :screwy:  Also blew out the last of the smoke from spraying the cylinders with sea foam before installing the head, and there's not even the slightest hint of smoke. 

The engine seems to run really well for the carb needing to be rebuilt, which I guarentee it will need if you're going to use it on the street.  I don't think the accelerator pump is working properly cause it doesn't seem to be squirting fuel in when you pump the gas, so I figure a rebuild is a safe bet, though it is totally driveable as is.

Going out to try and get some decent pics of the bedsides...
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jun 23, 2009, 09:12:29 PM »

RIP KYOTA

raptome

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #63 on: Jun 23, 2009, 11:34:42 PM »
if you end up getting the bed, can I buy the tailgate from you or buy it from the seller and give you something for your trouble? I need one badly but it's way too far for me to drive to go get this one. let me know, thanks
im in santa rosa, 95404, i picked up a really nice 83 4x4 in san jose the last weekend but need to get a better bed for it mine is little rotted out (cab is sweet).
1982 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Deluxe

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jun 24, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »
I'd be very willing to work something out if he was interested in helping  ;)
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jun 25, 2009, 08:06:03 PM »
Bump!
RIP KYOTA

raptome

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #66 on: Jun 25, 2009, 11:03:54 PM »
Cool, thanks.
I'd be very willing to work something out if he was interested in helping  ;)
1982 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Deluxe

pookey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Member since Feb '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Jun 26, 2009, 03:31:31 PM »
well, i've lost my job :rivers:, for the moment at least! just finished up a house to find out that theres nothing new on the cards, so i guess il be saving my cash at the moment. im going to the sierras. hope i did'nt give you the run around. :idea: prehaps it may still even be there when im back in work.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Jun 26, 2009, 11:07:32 PM »
No worries man, :pokinit: happens!
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Jul 01, 2009, 08:00:25 AM »
Mornin bump  ;)
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Jul 02, 2009, 09:42:13 AM »
TTT  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Jul 02, 2009, 10:35:53 PM »
Local sale pending on engine...
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Jul 04, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »
Bump, may have another project lined up but need to be rid of this one first  ;)
RIP KYOTA

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #73 on: Jul 05, 2009, 03:34:09 PM »
nate, my buddy wants the engine. if you can get cell service ill PM you his phone number. let me know please
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Jul 05, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »
Blake, pm me his number and I'll call him tuesday it that's ok.  Tomorrow will be a busy one for me still since it's still kinda the 4th weekend at the lake.  I'm going to see if the boss will still let me borrow the steam cleaner after he threw a tizzie today, clean off the engine bay and engine and put a new front main seal in it too.
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Jul 06, 2009, 03:11:08 PM »
Bump for the rest of the truck, just lost my job and need to sell sell sell!
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Jul 07, 2009, 10:42:54 AM »
Blake, in case you missed my pm, I stuck a little video of it running in my photobucket, may take a while to load though since I'm on dialup.  Don't know why it sounds so clacky, my digital camera has poor sound quality, it's actually much much quieter and sounds like a typical 22r.  http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z286/kneedownnate/82%20toy/
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Jul 09, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »
Sale of whole truck pending!
RIP KYOTA

logan

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 58
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Jul 11, 2009, 01:44:09 AM »
my truck is an 82

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #79 on: Jul 18, 2009, 10:55:38 PM »
sold :beerchug:
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,271
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Jul 18, 2009, 10:58:50 PM »
The whole truck got sold? Great.  :clap2:
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Jul 18, 2009, 11:20:53 PM »
:yesnod:  thanks for bumpin it blake, I got busy talkin with my neighbor after doing some major re-organization in the carport tonight.  You should see the difference  :yikes:
RIP KYOTA

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #82 on: Jul 18, 2009, 11:32:25 PM »
haha can you fit a car in there now?

not that it would even be convenient to try and park there at al thoug....itd be a weird angle to back or pull into... :screwy:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Jul 19, 2009, 12:11:30 AM »
It actually isn't bad, I've done it before when I made add a leafs for the rear of the 2wd.  I mainly semi gutted the center from the engine out, condensed what I could and made the clutter a little less... cluttered.  At least you can now easily walk along either side past the bikes, but with the bike, cherry picker and outboard motor on the same side there's no parking left.
RIP KYOTA

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Jul 19, 2009, 10:54:46 AM »
Now that you just sold the p/u. I found someone on the "other" site that is in Redding and is driving to my home town. How's that for timming? You wouldn't happen to have another 83 tailgate in good shape would ya?
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Jul 19, 2009, 05:56:32 PM »
Sorry man, the only other one I have has the typical floppy top rail.
RIP KYOTA

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Jul 19, 2009, 11:00:23 PM »
Sorry man, the only other one I have has the typical floppy top rail.

At least it has the top rail. Send me a pic. What do you want for it? I'm a bird, cheap, cheap, cheap

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Jul 19, 2009, 11:32:19 PM »
It'll be a little while before I can get a pic, probably just before the truck goes to pnp to rest.  Honestly, I wouldn't waste your money on it, it's not good at all!
RIP KYOTA