Author Topic: Keeping Private Property Private  (Read 1509 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Keeping Private Property Private
« on: Jan 24, 2009, 03:18:22 PM »
Since there's been a lot of debate recently on treading on private land and I found this article on just this subject I thought I'd post it up here. We love going out and playing in the dirt I guess we've just never grown out of it. I also remember digging up my next door neighbors flower bed once too, least to say they weren't to happy that their flowers and grass were tore up. Kinda gives you some insight on this type of issue putting it in that kind of prospective.

Even in areas we are allowed to wheel in there is scattered private property, of course if it isn't marked we cannot tell it is private and sometimes do stray onto someones property without knowing it. I recently found a few stretches of private property in Johnson Valley between Means and Soggy dry lakes. The area was clearly marked and I witnessed a few bikes pass right by the signs and through.

People, it is private property and should be treated as such. If you come across a sign that says it is private property then honor that sign. We were searching for a spot to camp on our next trip to Johnson Valley with a little more privacy (quiet) than the lake beds since we don't party all night. We respect the fact that this is what the majority do when going to the lake beds so we decided to find a more secluded location, and in this search we found several private property locations.

Anyways I just wanted to put this article out there so those that think just because there is a road, trail, track or whatever running across the barren land it doesn't mean it is open for us to use.

Keep it on the legal trails.

http://www.bakersfield.com/102/story/665819.html
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping Private Property Private
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2009, 11:19:46 PM »
Thank you for stating this.

We as off roaders need to maintain good relations with people so we are not viewed as a bad group.
I like to Drive!

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Keeping Private Property Private
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2009, 08:10:54 PM »
Sure didn't take long for them to take some action, if I were a home/landowner I'd be pissed too if people were destroying my property. Actually it sounds like it took a long time for them to get some action out of the PD.

http://www.bakersfield.com/102/story/672126.html
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you