Author Topic: 4.3l wiring  (Read 1706 times)

66cobra

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 34
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
4.3l wiring
« on: Oct 25, 2008, 06:29:08 AM »
has anyone used the affordable fuel injection wiring for a tbi setup.seems to be more reasonable than the howell and painless.I've used the painless on my cobra project and it was good but thought to be too a little overpriced for what i got
it's not me, it's you

JamesD

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Re: 4.3l wiring
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »
Just use the factory 4.3 harness. That is what I'm doing.

James
Sharon-It is odd how society sees things. Let's say a guy sleeps with all these girls, "he's the man!" or a stud but if a girl does, she's a total very *friendly* person or sleeper. Is society sexist?
Brandon-Well think about it this way. If a key can open a bunch of locks, it is viewed as a master key and is awesome to have but if a lock is opened by a lot of different keys, well thats a pretty shitty lock if you ask me.

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2008, 12:16:53 PM »
Just use the factory 4.3 harness. That is what I'm doing.

James

I am going to do the same, but I have the throttle body motor, not the vortec.
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

7Jake

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 24
  • Member since Jun '06
    • View Profile
    • Norcal Crawlers 4WD Club
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2008, 01:24:27 PM »
Ditto, if you have a factory harness and aren't afraid of a few diagrams, and lots of :beer: you can save some cash on wiring and spend it with Marlin instead. I just got my '94 4.3L Vortec on the road about a year ago and the wiring wasn't really that bad.  I bought a factory GM manual for my donor vehicle and a factory Toyota Wiring manual for my '86 Toy, added a couple fuses, and connected the dots.  One other thing you'll want is the Diagnostic Com port usually located under the dash on the driver side as part of the dash harness, just cut off as much wire as you can and splice the plug wires into the GM computer.

I probably have enough information laying around to create a simple "how to" write up if I only could find the time.  Good Luck, If you decide to use the factory harness and have any questions, post up and I'll see if I can help.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2008, 09:24:32 PM »
contact werty, he's been splicing together 4/3 harnesses to work well with the toyota harnesses for a while.  I think he's even gotten to the point where he is doing it for other people, but I'm not positive.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

66cobra [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 34
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2008, 05:57:03 AM »
thx for the tip,i'll look at the factory wiring more closely.I'm just woundering if its worth the arspain for 250$ savings.any of you can give me an idea of how you like the performance of the 4.3 I just rebuilt mine its tbi full roller balanced 9:5-1 comp and the edlbrk.performance package.should be @ 225 at the fly .was going to go with v8 but recommended not to.hoping i'm making the right move as I am a horse power junkie
it's not me, it's you

4RunnerChevy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 1,426
  • Member since Sep '08
  • Santa Cruz Mountains
    • View Profile
    • Santa Cruz Wheelers
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2008, 06:19:06 AM »
I use a modified factory harness.  Why not save a buck and go that route ?