Author Topic: New guy needs help  (Read 975 times)

FLRunner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
New guy needs help
« on: Sep 14, 2008, 05:15:16 PM »
Hello to all   Ok  i just bought a 91 PU 22re and the guy told me that it just needed a new Battery  ok jumped it  and off i went   Bought a brand new Batt everything is great   BUT wait the idiot light on the dash is on hmmm  OK check alt  took it off and had it checked   NO GOOD . OK put new Alt on   and Nothing   starts runs fine but the batt light stays on? took ALT off and had it checked just to be sure and it works fine  . Now i see were the previos owner     on the ALT i have a white wire that is power from the Batt   and then i have  a yellow , white and small red that goes to the round plug .   The white wire from the roung plug has power  But i am getting nothing from the yellow ?  Please help  Thank you

joey0712

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,459
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
Re: New guy needs help
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2008, 05:47:31 PM »
Hold on all go look on mine with a test light so u only want to know what the yellow wire does? Hot or not
91 Toyota High pinions f&r.

FLRunner [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2008, 05:56:49 PM »
Thank you    well the previous owner did some splicing  :smack: and i am guessing i will have to do some digging  but now my wires are not color cordenated .   what is happing is my battery is not Charging .

joey0712

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,459
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2008, 06:07:20 PM »
How are the terminals.... That could be your problem
91 Toyota High pinions f&r.

FLRunner [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2008, 06:13:29 PM »
ON Battery ?  brand new    I checked all fuses also     . It starts  and runs fine but if i disconect the Batt   it dies   Just not sure  what wire Recharges the batt ?  On the drivers side fender ,there is a fuse block and a wire that goes to the positive side on the battery   If i disconect that it dies .

FLRunner [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2008, 06:23:51 PM »
IF i am thinking right   :help: and if i am reading the book right  There should be a white wire that bolts to the Alt   and that is hot  .  then from the plug  there is a red , yellow and white . it looks to me that the yellow should go to the charge light  ?and ign fuse . and then the small red goes to the eng fuse . and the white should go to some relay   ? and i am guessing that chrges the Batt