Author Topic: what would you do?  (Read 1370 times)

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
what would you do?
« on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:09:14 AM »
my wife was in costa mesa about 4 weeks ago for work.  she was walking out to her car from her hotel room and watched some guy back into her car and take off.  she got the license plate #, called it into the pd, and they got a police reprt.  the car came up as a HERTZ rental car.  i called hertz, and explained to them what had happened and they said they were going to investigate it and get back to me.  i called them last week and they told me they hadn't got around to it yet.  i called them again yesterday and they said that the guy that rented the car didn't pay for the renters insurence and that it wasn't there fault and that i had to take it up with him.  they said that they couldn't give me any information on him.  now i'm stuck.  i don't know where to go from here.  its not any major damage, but the back bumper bent out of place and the paint is messed up.  it just sucks to have to deal with something that they should be fixing.  you guys have any advice?  any way i can get a name or phone number from a license plate #?
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: what would you do?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:17:15 AM »
Oh man! I would be pissed! How do you know that it wasnt a HERTZ employee driving the car? I mean they could tell you anything they want.... sounds like you might have to get a lawyer involved
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

superyota [OP]

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:33:46 AM »
i never thought about that.  its not worth my time to get a lawyer involved.  its probably just a matter of changing out the bumper and havning it painted.  my guess would be probably around 800 bucks.  i just don't think it would be worth getting into.  i just hate the fact that they are blowing me off like nothing happened.  i wonder if i could go to the better business bureau or something and comlain to them about it.
ABD Motorsports

KK6QDW

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:36:56 AM »
i never thought about that.  its not worth my time to get a lawyer involved.  its probably just a matter of changing out the bumper and havning it painted.  my guess would be probably around 800 bucks.  i just don't think it would be worth getting into.  i just hate the fact that they are blowing me off like nothing happened.  i wonder if i could go to the better business bureau or something and comlain to them about it.
maybe try to get the corporate office involved?
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

superyota [OP]

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:42:22 AM »
already did.  they're just giving me a big run around.
ABD Motorsports

KK6QDW

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:54:53 AM »
already did.  they're just giving me a big run around.
Thats absolute BS...dont take NO for an answer...ask them what they would do if it happened to them...Im sure they deal with this on a daily basis....anyone here work in the industry?
RIP KYOTA

sabenson82

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 70
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2008, 11:19:05 AM »
That is a f***ed up situation. Sorry.
But what about the police?? You said they did a report....why can they not get the info on the guy that hit you? I would think the police would have a way to get the info from Hertz.  Especially in the case of a hit and run. What if someone was hurt?? The police and Hertz would still ignore the situation?? I would go nutz :shocking: on Hertz and the cops until you get it taken care of! And definitely report it to the Better Business Bureau!

Build it, Break it, Build it again...STRONGER

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2008, 05:00:38 PM »
Oh man! I would be pissed!

sounds like you might have to get a lawyer involved

Or better yet, since it's hit and run...your insurance company's lawyer should get in the mix.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)