Author Topic: Replace Dash Lights?  (Read 2369 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Replace Dash Lights?
« on: Nov 11, 2007, 12:52:38 PM »
I'm looking to replace the two bulbs that light up the speedo and temp gages.  Right now the temp gage is in the dark and I figure that it is better to replace both bulbs while things are apart.

How do I do it?  I had the dash apart previously for other reasons and didn't notice anything for light bulbs.  Neither of my books seems to show anything.

:help:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: Replace Dash Lights?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2007, 02:05:22 PM »
I know I have seen a few write ups on newer toys..I am actually in the process of converting all of my dash lights in my runner to white LEDs.    what year is yours again?
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2007, 02:06:10 PM »
89 4Runner

I'm sure it's simple, just looking for a direction to head.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2007, 02:09:25 PM »
do you have a FSM? thats where i would head
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2007, 02:11:58 PM »
do you have a FSM? thats where i would head

I've got a Chilten's and Haynes, but I don't know if I still have my pdf FSM for my 85 that should be close.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
RIP KYOTA

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2007, 03:46:02 PM »
I have the lights changed and just need to put the rest of the dash back together.  It is so nice to know what needs to be taken apart to pull things.  The speedo cable was kicking my butt, I couldn't figure out what was holding up the gage pod from coming out.  With old brittle parts, the BFH can't be used.

Thanks for the help and moral support.  :gap:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2007, 03:53:41 PM »
I have the lights changed and just need to put the rest of the dash back together.  It is so nice to know what needs to be taken apart to pull things.  The speedo cable was kicking my butt, I couldn't figure out what was holding up the gage pod from coming out.  With old brittle parts, the BFH can't be used.

Thanks for the help and moral support.  :gap:
here is a link to the full FSM for 3rd gen truck....should help you out some http://personal.utulsa.edu/~nathan-buchanan/93fsm/
RIP KYOTA