Author Topic: need some efi help  (Read 787 times)

dime

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 159
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
need some efi help
« on: Oct 06, 2007, 04:56:32 PM »
my 22re is getting gas to the injectors but not comming out to cylinders so i need to know how to test the injectors and cleen them unless somone has another idea what might be causing this
84 pu 529s locker in back 5 inch springs 36s

89 toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1198
  • Male Posts: 383
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: need some efi help
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2007, 07:06:54 PM »
check the efi fuse in the fuse box under the hood i think its a 10 amp.
89 ext cab sas with diamond +4 1/2" housing 30 spline longs and hub gears, hp elocker, six studs, arp studs in everything, taco rear with elocker. swaped out 22re for 3.4l supercharged, urd 2.0" pulley, urd fuel management, downey headers, flowmaster, cold air intake, marlin clutch that is straining to hold up

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »
x2
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

dime [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2007, 08:29:42 PM »
i thought i checked all the fuses but ill double check. i went through the injectors and when i put power too them they seem to work so im pretty confused as too what the problem is. anyway what it is, is im trying to figure out a friends truck that has efi cuz were gonna part it out so i want to fix the efi so i can do an efi swap on my truck for free. so any ideas would be awsome but i will check the fuses again.

916runner

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2007, 09:16:14 PM »
in your kick panel on driver side there is a relay. it is round, that is one of the injector relay. change it out and you should be fine. you can find those at your local pick-n-pull. all toyotas that have efi should have those realay. it is marked M-4 relay, this relay has something to do with your injectors opening up. if your getting fuel to the injectors, to the cold start, that means you fuel pump works and your injectors are not opening up. and if you want to check your injectors. all you have to is go to the wrecking yard or cut one off of an old harness that you don't need anymore. plug the injector up to it give it some power from a battery. i believe it doesn't matter which is + or - . hold one wire down and tap the other to post. you should get a little clicking noise if you don't the injector is bad. try this out and hopefully it'll help you out.

dime [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2007, 01:19:44 AM »
cool thanks man ill check out the relay tommorow