Author Topic: Opt Out of CC Offers  (Read 841 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Opt Out of CC Offers
« on: Sep 27, 2007, 01:52:03 PM »
This may have gone around before but it's the first time I've seen it...so in case anyone else is interested and has not see it yet either...

If you are tired of receiving all those pre-approved CC offers you can opt out as per the following.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/prescreen.shtm

If you decide that you don’t want to receive prescreened offers of credit and insurance, you have two choices: You can opt out of receiving them for five years or opt out of receiving them permanently. Call toll-free 1-888-5-OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688) or visit www.optoutprescreen.com for details. The telephone number and website are operated by the major consumer reporting companies. When you call or visit the website, you’ll be asked to provide certain personal information, including your home telephone number, name, Social Security number, and date of birth. The information you provide is confidential and will be used only to process your request to opt out.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Willy Mammoth

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Opt Out of CC Offers
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2007, 02:41:13 PM »
Who doesn't want a 0% offer now and again?

I would rather not give out my personal information to just anybody that says they can stop them from being sent out.

How do you know this is not just a phishing scam?

BTW, what's for dinner?
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Opt Out of CC Offers
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »
IE says it's not a reported site and snopes has nothing on it...why, don't you blindly trust the feds? All the info goes into Hillary's mailing list.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)