Author Topic: Mexicans?....in Berekely?....Mooooooo  (Read 5333 times)

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
Re: Mexicans?....in Berekely?....Mooooooo
« Reply #30 on: Sep 05, 2007, 09:21:35 PM »
Well maybe when one of those crazy ass mexican drivers runs over one of bush's family members something will happen.When I was on the road driving I spent alot of time in Laredo TX.I can tell you from experience that they don't give a crap.I can't even recall all the times I've had to slam on my brakes or change lanes to avoid being RUN OVER by a mexican driver.They have no regard for their safety or anyone elses for that matter.

This isn't just a matter of them driving here either.Think about this,if you owned a trucking company and could move all your operations to mexico,would you.I mean you'll be able to haul the same loads,run the same routes,pretty much everything you did here.But you can pay your drivers half what you were paying american drivers.It's not rocket science.

I don't think they will be able to take over entirely.There is a vast majority of O/O (owner/operators) that will not be affected,but what will this do to the company driver?
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sep 05, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »
I complete agree with you abnormaltoy but in all honest, although I am out spoken at times... I personally don't know enough about the subject to really base a direction that I can stick with. Am I using this as a scapegoat?   nahhh.. I'd like to think not, I read as much as I can and absorb as much info as possible but I suppose i'm the guy that waits for a tiny bit of effort from others to stand up and say "YEA! thats right! Power to the People!"   hah...  I'm not the instigator more or less the support.

Someone with a REAL voice needs to stand up, that's really what I do not understand. There has to be SOMEONE with a big enough voice to speak out on everyone's behalf, if the majority feels the same way obviously this person will get praise by all and that would be the start of something good....

right?

A lot of people are scared or embarrassed to stand up for what is right. The majority of people have developed the Stockholm Syndrome after years of being fed a diet of leftist crap through the news outlets, television and movies.
You don't have to be a great scholar or a great orator to voice your opinion...hell, I will speak out anywhere, any time...point being that the "common" people are what made this country great. It doesn't take as much sacrifice as the founders made...go to a PTA meeting and call them out on teaching "Johnny has two mommies".  Be a good uncle, father or neighbor. Don't accept crappy behavior from people. When someone says something stupid...call 'em on it. Make them prove their point or prove to everyone else how wrong they are.
Every American citizen has a real voice...it's called a vote. These days we can pester the hell out of our Congressional Representatives, I write my rep almost every week and she's a Democrat. I write Sen. Kyl at least as often...I would walk across the street to pee on mccain. Call local radio stations and tell them what you think. Talk to your neighbors, talk to your friends.
I'm, surprise, a conservative...and as such it is against my nature to deal with the government, but "we" have to adopt the same tactics as the left does in order to ensure that our voices will be heard.
When in doubt about speaking out...think of the consequences of silence. Silence only encourages the left and seals our nations fate. We are not a nation of victims, despite what the left would like you to believe. We are a nation of nations...the best from all over the world, united in freedom.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sep 05, 2007, 09:36:38 PM »
Well maybe when one of those crazy ass mexican drivers runs over one of bush's family members something will happen.When I was on the road driving I spent alot of time in Laredo TX.I can tell you from experience that they don't give a crap.I can't even recall all the times I've had to slam on my brakes or change lanes to avoid being RUN OVER by a mexican driver.They have no regard for their safety or anyone elses for that matter.

This isn't just a matter of them driving here either.Think about this,if you owned a trucking company and could move all your operations to mexico,would you.I mean you'll be able to haul the same loads,run the same routes,pretty much everything you did here.But you can pay your drivers half what you were paying american drivers.It's not rocket science.

I don't think they will be able to take over entirely.There is a vast majority of O/O (owner/operators) that will not be affected,but what will this do to the company driver?

Except for the comment about President Bush...I agree. Since there is so little sense of community now days, there is also very little sense of commitment to the community.
If everyone writes to their Congressional Representatives, in the manner we did on the immigration bill, we can change this.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sep 05, 2007, 09:43:09 PM »

:dunno:   I suppose you are right but the mexicans in this area drive like a 90 year old behind the wheel. They seem cautious.. drive EXTREMELY slow which gets on my nerves sometimes but atleast they're not driving wreckless... I don't have many bad things to say about the way they drive............... in this area atleast!

I've been told by many people who have visited Puerto Vallarta that its a complete free for all on the roads... no stop signs.. no right of way.. not a damn thing but constant brake to the floor action.   :ack:
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0