Author Topic: pic request  (Read 2684 times)

82juguete

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
pic request
« on: Jul 04, 2007, 04:56:21 PM »
Could someone please post a picture of the power steering setup (pump, pulley, reservoir, etc.) on their first gen 22r?  thanks

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: pic request
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2007, 04:59:03 PM »
Could someone please post a picture of the power steering setup (pump, pulley, reservoir, etc.) on their first gen 22r?  thanks

what do you need pics of? maybe i can help. i just mounted power steering from an 86 IFS 4x4 truck to a motor that didnt have power steering from an 85 2wd, into a 84 4x4 solid axle truck....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2007, 05:07:35 PM »
Best shots I have.....
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2007, 05:18:04 PM »

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2007, 05:19:26 PM »
ok, your truck didnt originally have power steering, you need the 3rd crank pulley part... it botls on to the front of the one you have now.....

also going to need the bracketry for the pump with the idler pulley/tensioner

~ John F. Kennedy ~

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2007, 05:20:13 PM »
if you need mroe pics, ill try and get some tomorrow, im going to watch fireworks and then going to work, ill be back in the morning....

~ John F. Kennedy ~

82juguete [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2007, 06:15:19 PM »
yea...ive figured out what all I need...I was just looking at my motor and trying to see how the pump could fit there under the distributor, and above the alternator.... I guess it works, and my block does have two threaded holes on the side under the distributor....Im assuming thats where the bracket will mount, right?  It just looked like a tight fit, and made me start to second guess myself....   Thanks for the pics guys...

inmyownsummerami

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 243
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Rockin the White Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »
yea...ive figured out what all I need...I was just looking at my motor and trying to see how the pump could fit there under the distributor, and above the alternator.... I guess it works, and my block does have two threaded holes on the side under the distributor....Im assuming thats where the bracket will mount, right?  It just looked like a tight fit, and made me start to second guess myself....   Thanks for the pics guys...

I just installed a p.s. pump on my 79 2wd now 4wd that was originally man. steering today. It is definitely a tight fit under the dizzy, I pulled mine to install the pump. There are 3 holes on the Driver side of the head for the pump bracket, and 1 hole on the front of the head for the tensioner.
WHITE WHEEL ROCK CRAWLERS "If your wheels ain't white, they ain't right"
 :greengrin:My 1st Gen. Toyota SAS (2wd to 4wd) :greengrin: (In Progress)
RIP "Goody Goods" My DDW Brother

82juguete [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2007, 12:16:34 AM »
thats what I needed to know...at least it CAN BE DONE...haha...thanks for the help

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 05, 2007, 12:20:30 AM »
yes, it definately can be done, the pic above of my truck with the red pullies shows everything mounted.... the distributor isnt installed yet though, but goes in right above the pump... the 82 is a different sized block, but for purposes of mounting hte power steering unit there isnt an issue with it

~ John F. Kennedy ~