Author Topic: RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE: AIR TOOLS FOR THE TRAIL  (Read 12283 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
If all else fails, get off your lazy  :moon: and turn the damn things by hand. I think you might remember how to do that, right?  But most importantly these things are a luxury for your convenience.

I appreciate all the input great stuff.....part of the reason why I am looking at these things is that I have bad arms. I put part of a motorcycle through one of my hands. Then, I had both of my arms reconstructed due to a nerve disorder.  Was told at one point I probably wouldnt be able to use my arms anymore :dunno: I'm getting better but it is really hard for me to turn a wrench sometimes (and even harder to admit :doh: it publicly lol)  I hate asking for help from my friends though they usually dont mind. Vibration is another issue for me because of sensation problems. not trying to whine here i hate whiners......... thanks again keep info coming!
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
I got a cheap solution! Just bring Eazy with you and keep him fed  :talkingn:
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
I got a cheap solution! Just bring Eazy with you and keep him fed  :talkingn:
LMFAO! :rofl: u got a 10 or 15lb tank bro?
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
True, until now CO2 had not been mentioned and is a good option since CO2 has a better staying quality for tire inflation.  :thumbs:  My only Problem with CO2 is that I won't remember to fill the damn thing like I do with my propane bottle on my grille LOL  :cheese:  :hammerhead:

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
My only Problem with CO2 is that I won't remember to fill the damn thing like I do with my propane bottle on my grille
A spare cylinder can be had for about 100 bucks...would be cheap insurance and still (2 cylinders are) smaller than a decent sized air tank and compressor
RIP KYOTA

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
If all else fails, get off your lazy  :moon: and turn the damn things by hand. I think you might remember how to do that, right?

DTB, first, allow me to apologize if you felt singled out in this quote.  :angel: That was not the intention, I was merely generalizing for the thread for all who might read it. Sorry to hear of your experince, sounds pretty terrible :sad2:.    :thumbs: by the way, for proving those doctors wrong on your recovery! Hope you continue to recover and improve for a much better quality of life, sincerely. Just glad to know that despite whatever odds you've been given that you haven't quit. Keep that attitude and you will continue to succeed! Live to wheel for the will to live, I say.  :usa:

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
DTB, first, allow me to apologize if you felt singled out in this quote.  :angel: That was not the intention, I was merely generalizing for the thread for all who might read it. Sorry to hear of your experince, sounds pretty terrible :sad2:.    :thumbs: by the way, for proving those doctors wrong on your recovery! Hope you continue to recover and improve for a much better quality of life, sincerely. Just glad to know that despite whatever odds you've been given that you haven't quit. Keep that attitude and you will continue to succeed! Live to wheel for the will to live, I say.  :usa:
haha no offense taken at all!  :beerchug: U were speaking for the majority of the United States, fat lazy americans  :usa: thanks for the kind words
RIP KYOTA

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
A spare cylinder can be had for about 100 bucks...would be cheap insurance and still (2 cylinders are) smaller than a decent sized air tank and compressor
Oh and the spare cylinder thing... My dumb  :moon: would end up putting them both in the truck and then I'd be twice as screwed.  :smack: LOL

Loki

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 354
  • Member since Dec '06
  • What are you lookin' at?
    • View Profile
i say get a york engine driven compressor and a 10 gallon tank and slap it on the hood :)
88 turd SAS with some "stuff" under it.
MY BUILD UP THREAD