We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: PRICE INCREASE?!?  (Read 15317 times)

Plekto

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 27
  • Male Posts: 863
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
Re: PRICE INCREASE?!?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 14, 2008, 04:21:18 PM »
I'd also like to add that the warranty on these items... who else does that?  My transmission is good for 1 year and unlimited miles.  And rock crawling, racing it in the desert, and other extreme use is covered. 

Shoot, I'd pay extra just because they are great guys.  Someone please post that thread about them coming to the rescue on the Con a while back - and welded and fixed several other people as well for free.   How many companies actually blow an entire weekend of their time on customer service?

Yes, MC stuff is a lot like Thorley, OME, BFG, or similar in that it is top tier company in the sport/area that it competes in.  And, you get more back if you ever sell it than if you went with the budget or no-name option.   In fact, MC equipped trucks are very quick sellers as a rule, because the first two things people want to know about when you sell the truck are...  Yep, the engine and the drivetrain.

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #61 on: Jan 29, 2008, 01:12:41 AM »
Got curious, and looked up the price I paid for a HD W56 kit last May (2007).... $312

Now they're $469.....

I can understand a $20 increase (5.7% price increase) , but not $157.................. (50% price increase)

Glad my tranny broke when it did..............
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #63 on: Feb 11, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »
Got curious, and looked up the price I paid for a HD W56 kit last May (2007).... $312

Now they're $469.....

I can understand a $20 increase (5.7% price increase) , but not $157.................. (50% price increase)

Glad my tranny broke when it did..............

Does everyone realize how low Marlin has kept his prices in relation to the size of his shop.  While I, like everyone else, like to get the most for my money, I also realize that Marlin low-balls himself on so many of his products it is a wonder they survive.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Feb 11, 2008, 09:31:11 PM »
While I, like everyone else, like to get the most for my money,

There are somethings that can't have a price put on them. You can't put a price on peace of mind and the satisfaction of knowing the product you spent your hard earned after tax dollars on was designed, tested and made to the highest standards by people who actually exceed the reputation they have in the industry.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

DeadlyPeace

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 593
  • Member since Nov '07
  • HEAVILY medicated for your protection!
    • View Profile
    • ToyotaOffRoad
« Reply #65 on: Feb 11, 2008, 11:51:35 PM »
Ain't that the truth :thumbs:
I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Never let people think you’re a horrible person and always keep the heart of a young child…
       ...I prefer mine in a jar on my desk.

3 CAT scans a MRI and some time with the shrink and it's comfirmed. I'm just not right in the head.

Global Moderator for www.ToyotaOffRoad.com

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Feb 12, 2008, 12:20:20 AM »
cancel your internet subscription for a month then you will have the 20$ I drive a jeep but just based on everything ive heard and seen while building with fearofrunner i would only buy mc products, in fact im going to be purchasing some sliders in the near future!
_[O!!!!!O]_

People often ask how they stack crap so tall....

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #67 on: Feb 13, 2008, 06:37:02 AM »
There are somethings that can't have a price put on them. You can't put a price on peace of mind and the satisfaction of knowing the product you spent your hard earned after tax dollars on was designed, tested and made to the highest standards by people who actually exceed the reputation they have in the industry.

For many people that is the "MOST" for the money.  Just have to realize that in order for a shop like Marlin's to stay alive, his prices have to reflect his costs and allow for a profit.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #68 on: Apr 11, 2008, 03:46:37 PM »
I've got some new fliers made and forgot about this thread. This might spark up some more heat, but I want the features EXCLUSIVE to a Genuine Marlin Crawler known on this thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying is it's OK to spend more just because it's from MC?  There is no new technology there...

...I guess the answer I'm looking for needs to be a concrete reason why, not that it is just "worth it".   

Set aside our Double Roll 32-ball count Main Bearing and the Ready-To-Run direct bolt-in feature, and other reasons like these should help you out. All these changes have come out in the last year, so yes, we are always developing new technology for our Crawler Systems. All of these new design features are found on the standard non-rotated MC07. The only differences between the MC07 and the MC07-R10 are the rotation feature and its benefits/draw backs:

This one features the Shift Rail Modification-less feature of our Rotated Adapter.
Download Full-Size version: http://board.marlincrawler.com/images/flyer/MC07-R10_ShiftRail.jpg

This one features the 3-bolt retention design (remember the bolt retention system is invented by Marlin Crawler in 1999).
Download Full-Size version: http://board.marlincrawler.com/images/flyer/MC07-R10.jpg
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2008, 03:57:32 PM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki