Author Topic: Scooby issues...where is Dan!?  (Read 2171 times)

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Scooby issues...where is Dan!?
« on: Feb 08, 2007, 03:16:21 PM »
So I went to get my oil changed at the Jiffy Lube down the street (I am lazy like that) and I asked em to change the transmission fluid too caue it prob has never been changed.

Anyway, they can't do the tranny cause they have to remove some sensor to fill it?  They don't wanna break the sensor or some crap.  Anybody know bout this?  What do I have ta do go to a dealer?

Then they start getting on me about the injection system and how dirty it is.  I finally had to say..."I just want an oil change, is that OK!?" :maddest:

SO anyway I don't doubt the injectors and suck are nice and gunked up.  Anyone recomend a decent FI cleaner?  I ait paying some stupid $150 for them to put kerosene through my FI system.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Scooby issues...where is Dan!?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2007, 05:42:03 PM »
jiffy lube ................ :headshake:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2007, 05:44:35 PM »
use seafoam 2 cans through is only $15

as far as some senor to fill it, haha, those guys are morons... it sounds like they are trying to fill your tranny through the reverse light switch....

the fill plug is a whole 2 inches away from the reverse light switch....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2007, 05:45:12 PM »
jiffy lube ................ :headshake:

yea thats just asking for trouble! Id rather have my blind grandmother change my oil!!
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2007, 06:21:55 PM »
I think for injection, the Redline #60103 works great.  Lucas # 10020 is good stuff too.  I've never ran Seafoam thru injection, but it's the mutts nuts on a carb.

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2007, 06:45:08 PM »
i've run seafoam, but i've had better luck with b12 (much cheaper to). put 1/2 a can through your vacuum system (or a full can), just stick the vacuum hose into the can and let you engine suck the b12 in, whether you use seafoam or b12. poor a bottle in your gas tank as well. next time you get ready to change your oil, poor a can of either of these in you engine crankcase as well, drive around for a little bit, then change the oil (should be darker than usual).
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2007, 06:53:29 PM »
just stick the vacuum hose into the can and let you engine suck the b12 in

You're NOT supposed to do that!  There's a thread on a bronco forum about seafoam, and one of the seafoam company dudes even got involved in it and said DO NOT do it that way.  You're supposed to poor it in a vaccuum hose if you can't poor it into the intake, but if you let it suck it in you can hydrolock!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2007, 07:44:49 PM »
Yeah, I know they are retarded but it is two blocks away and they get rid of the oil for you.  No matter, I wrote them some feedback on the website and let them know I will not be using their services again.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2007, 07:49:28 PM »
Yeah, I know they are retarded but it is two blocks away and they get rid of the oil for you.  No matter, I wrote them some feedback on the website and let them know I will not be using their services again.

check out your local waste/recycling services, we have a special jug that we put out on the curb on garbage day, the garbage man takes the oil

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2007, 08:03:44 PM »
most auto parts stores take back oil for free here in missouri
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2007, 08:56:52 PM »
You're NOT supposed to do that!  There's a thread on a bronco forum about seafoam, and one of the seafoam company dudes even got involved in it and said DO NOT do it that way.  You're supposed to poor it in a vaccuum hose if you can't poor it into the intake, but if you let it suck it in you can hydrolock!
if you try to poor it down the vacuum hose it kills the motor in a heartbeat. i'm not saying submerge the hose in the can, no no that will mess it up like you said, sorry i didnt elaborate on that. i'm talking about letting the hose suck up a little at a time, not letting the motor drown itself.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2007, 09:42:24 PM »
most auto parts stores take back oil for free here in missouri

Same here in CA  :thumbs:

i've run seafoam, but i've had better luck with b12 (much cheaper to). put 1/2 a can through your vacuum system (or a full can), just stick the vacuum hose into the can and let you engine suck the b12 in, whether you use seafoam or b12. poor a bottle in your gas tank as well. next time you get ready to change your oil, poor a can of either of these in you engine crankcase as well, drive around for a little bit, then change the oil (should be darker than usual).

:thumbs:  b12 works wonders.  Put a half can through that 3 wheeler I picked up about a year ago, that sucker started running better and better everytime I ran it :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2007, 09:47:04 PM »
i like seafoam better than b12, but b12 costs half as much as seafoam and i can get b12 @ walmart

~ John F. Kennedy ~

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2007, 10:20:14 PM »
if you try to poor it down the vacuum hose it kills the motor in a heartbeat. i'm not saying submerge the hose in the can, no no that will mess it up like you said, sorry i didnt elaborate on that. i'm talking about letting the hose suck up a little at a time, not letting the motor drown itself.

It's timing man :thumbs:  You hafta be quick about breaking the seal and pooring it in, but it'll run on the seafoam.  Actually, my truck didn't wanna shut off when I ran it through!  I've never tried b12 for anything other than spraying on stuff :dunno:

Anyway, enough thread jacking!  Paging dan, where you is boy?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2007, 10:25:30 PM »
they have the b12 in spray but also in a bottle just like seafoam, they also have b12 in a gallon bucket

~ John F. Kennedy ~