Author Topic: YAY another newbie  (Read 2215 times)

jays68yak

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 20
  • Male Posts: 58
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
YAY another newbie
« on: Aug 04, 2004, 10:53:25 AM »
Well to this board anyways. Im on a few others but im bored at work right now so im surfing this one.  :thumbs:

I bought an 84 toyota ext cab maybe a month ago. Been doing little things to get it working. Hope to keep it and wheel with my buddies, but if I need money this is the first thing to go.  :lipsrsealed: So far the truck has nothing special on it. Well it did have buggy leafs but I didnt like how the guy set them up so I took them off. ($20 if someone wants them) So for now it has mazada out back, stock rears up front, 32" swampers, 3 cylinder 22r  :-\\, oh and has been bobbed 12 inches out back.

ok back to surfing, i mean work.

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Re: YAY another newbie
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2004, 11:03:18 AM »
You'll have fun with the truck Im sure.  Where ya at?
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2004, 12:22:46 PM »
3 cylinders huh? whats going on there?
Im an OG

jays68yak [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2004, 12:53:33 PM »
Danville, CA (east SF Bay Area)

One of the cylinders is dead, could be a bend or misadjusted valve, or something messed up with the rings. Im trying to work on a trade with some rims I have and another motor. At that point ill tear into it more. For now it just sits in the garage. Maybe Ill work on finishing the rear bumber up today.

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2004, 01:10:24 PM »
welcome to the board newbie ,I'm over here in the valley just south of Sacramento. 12 inch bobb already sounds like someone had plans for it. Do you have any pics we love those around here  :yupyup:
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

jays68yak [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2004, 01:54:04 PM »
well the plan was to do this on the cheap end, a bob wouldnt and didnt cost me anything. I had the tools and what not already. Plus it killed some bordom time. I was also icthing to weld body panels again to see if I could do it this time around with out warping the panels so bad that I would need a gallon of bondo. First time around was replacing my quarter panels on my 68 lemans. That didnt turn out so well. This is way better, also helps that the bed is not double walled so I can hammer most of the low spots out. Just need to do the bodywork on that, and fix the door jam/ext cab part so that it doesnt look so bad.

As for a picture, here ya goAs for a picture, here ya go

What do you guys think I should do with the rear bumber? I dont know if I want to leave it as it is and angle up the frame so that its still there as a support but not hanging like it is. Or cut the frame off at the 2x3 piece I have wedged into the frame and bring the tube part out from the side of the frame. This way there is nothing hanging out pass the body on the back except for a little bit of the hitch part. And it would bring the tube more towards the wheel opening. So ?????

Mike D

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 122
  • Male Posts: 1,902
  • Member since Jun '04
  • MMMMMMMMMM........
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2004, 02:26:26 PM »
your dead cylinder could be from a fowling spark plug or wire. welcome to the board. :thumbs:
87 runner, 4" trailmaster lift, 33" TSL/SX, 5.29's V6 e-locker, 22re that cost too much

jays68yak [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2004, 02:34:04 PM »
your dead cylinder could be from a fowling spark plug or wire. welcome to the board. :thumbs:
already switched wires with another clyinder. pull each wire as the motor was on, all had an effect but one. Did it again after changing the wire, same thing. So I did a compression check, the 3 good ones were from 80-100, the other one was 0. Pretty sure at this point its not a wire. Its gotta be a bent/sucked/misadjusted valve. So If I get this other motor ill prob just change heads. Well unless its just misadjusted, then thats an easy fix. I just havnt gotten around to it cuz I had to lift our golf cart.  :lipsrsealed: :driving:

Mike D

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 122
  • Male Posts: 1,902
  • Member since Jun '04
  • MMMMMMMMMM........
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #8 on: Aug 04, 2004, 06:51:33 PM »
good luck. :thumbs:
87 runner, 4" trailmaster lift, 33" TSL/SX, 5.29's V6 e-locker, 22re that cost too much