Author Topic: I lost power going to my fuel pump, and fried my computer>>>  (Read 2046 times)

BigDan

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since May '02
  • OG Member
    • View Profile
Hey I had a little electrical fire on on some of my ingition and starter wires, so I fixed it in a hurry and it worked just fine. Then when I decided to clean it up nice and good it wouldnt run anymore. So I found out the fuel pump wasnt getting signal. So I ran a 12V jumper wire to it and the pump started working but it still wouldnt run. So I put the original 2 wires back on the pump and the 12V jumper off the battery and it starts and runs just fine but the fuel pump is getting way too much juice and and load as hell.

So get this I wires that 12V through my dash dimmer switch (variable resistor) and it had a sweet spot. Anyways I was attacking soup kitchen last fall and suddenly the fuel pump stopped working and as I just found out yesterday the computer doesnt work.

So I found a new computer and it run ok, but I want to make things right, and ditch the 12V jumper and dimmer switch.

What im asking is has this ever happened to anyone before? Is there any info you guys could throw my way.

This is a semi custom harness buil by Marlin that uses a generic 6 fuse block, the factory color code is still correct.

Thanks
'79 Toyota, Full Exterior Roll Cage, D60 Front w/ Detroit, 14Bolt Rear w/ Detroit, on Eaton Beedlocks, Dual Ultimate Crawler, Full Hydro Steering, Warn HS9500

MOUNTAIN HIGH TOYS

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -53
  • Male Posts: 208
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
circuit open relay, and replace the wires for the fuel pump.

BigDan [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '02
  • OG Member
    • View Profile
TTT

Any wireing diagrams that may help me?????
'79 Toyota, Full Exterior Roll Cage, D60 Front w/ Detroit, 14Bolt Rear w/ Detroit, on Eaton Beedlocks, Dual Ultimate Crawler, Full Hydro Steering, Warn HS9500

MOUNTAIN HIGH TOYS

BigDan [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '02
  • OG Member
    • View Profile
nobody......

MOUNTAIN HIGH TOYS

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
just wire up the sds and be done with it ;)
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~