Author Topic: FREE!!! 3.0  (Read 1986 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
FREE!!! 3.0
« on: Dec 26, 2005, 03:00:20 PM »
Free 3.0!!  Pulled outta my truck due to blown piston rings, and its been sitting in my dad's garage ever since.  I don't want it, so I'm going to toss, but I fugured I'd give ya'll a chance to take it if you want it :dunno:  Its on a hoist, ready to be taken, and I'll leave it all together for now.  I(t is a complete motor, so if you want it, let me know, otherwise, I'm tossing it.  If No one takes it, I'm going to pull the accesories I want, but for now, I'm leaving it together. 

Located in Vacaville CA
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: FREE!!! 3.0
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2005, 05:29:04 PM »
If you clean it and strip it down you might be able to get a few bucks if you take it to a scrap yard, not to mention the experience.  Just a thought if nobody jumps on it.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
If you clean it and strip it down you might be able to get a few bucks if you take it to a scrap yard, not to mention the experience.  Just a thought if nobody jumps on it.

I thought of that, but I'd rather get my truck running than futz arond with an old motor.  I've gotten these 3.0s stripped down pretty well too, so I'm not really looking for any more experience in that field :yikes:  The main reason I need to get rid of it is because its in my dad's garage, and he wants it gone.  If it were my house, It'd probably sit in the garage forever :dunno:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2005, 05:44:41 PM »
:cough: court on :cough: allison parkway :cough: :yupyup: wouldnt be the first time Ive had to dodge an engine while playin out there. But what kneedown said is a decent idea. They have the recycle place on Mare Island. You prolly get a few dollars from it too. Take it to the car wash and blast it, then go at it like crazy and rip all the vacuum hoses and whatnot off. Seperate intake and exhaust from block....ya your right thats dumb. Just dump it some where. haha see if you can find a truck tall enough and a dumpster low enough that you can just roll it out the back in the dumpster :thumbs:
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2005, 05:54:33 PM »
:cough: court on :cough: allison parkway :cough: :yupyup: wouldnt be the first time Ive had to dodge an engine while playin out there. But what kneedown said is a decent idea. They have the recycle place on Mare Island. You prolly get a few dollars from it too. Take it to the car wash and blast it, then go at it like crazy and rip all the vacuum hoses and whatnot off. Seperate intake and exhaust from block....ya your right thats dumb. Just dump it some where. haha see if you can find a truck tall enough and a dumpster low enough that you can just roll it out the back in the dumpster :thumbs:

or he can dispose of it legally and not get auto enthusiasts into more trouble with the law or the econazis
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2005, 06:07:16 PM »

yeah, me too :headshake:  buddy popped a tire running over a head out there.  :_oops:  Is that place at Mre the closest one that'll take it?

-Ronald Reagan

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2005, 04:15:01 AM »
Ya that palce on the island is the closest that I know of. They have a huge pile of engine blocks and heads so I know they take them. Hell I got 20 bucks from a aluminum intake manifold off a 350 TBI. I bout threw it away! So I bet you could get enough change that it would be worth the drive.
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

MtnYoat

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 18
  • Male Posts: 6
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2005, 01:17:31 PM »
I can probably make room for it in my garage . . .    You got a pm.

toyrokcrwlr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 124
  • Male Posts: 128
  • Member since Jun '05
  • My Yota
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2006, 02:22:26 PM »
Would you happen to have the rubber intake hose, the short one attached to the throttle body

olemisstoy88

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -381
  • Male Posts: 521
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2006, 10:54:04 PM »
how much to ship? i might be intrested
88. 4x2  Total chaos 6.5" caddy uniball kit  Racerunner 2.5 x 14" coilovers on front, 62" deavers, fabbed engine/shock cage, bed cage, roll cage and great frame, complete int., (5) 5x4.5 outlaw II w/235 buckshots <----- parting out! make offer

'84 4x4 . 5 speed 22r  3.5" lift  33x10.5s bfg MTs  Hannamann Glass frontcap, 32/36weber, LCE swirlie plate, Magnaflow,
"Im madder than Toby Keith at a Dixie Chicks concert"