Author Topic: Wall Mart and BFG's  (Read 3045 times)

toyotaboy

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 238
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
Wall Mart and BFG's
« on: Jul 28, 2003, 02:23:04 PM »
just in case you guys are looking for some tires i just got 4 new BFG mud terrians mounted and balanced out the door with tax included for $621.00  :beerchug:  :driving:
rest in peace Effay

01 taco needs, duals, front axle, linked rear, exo...

85 extra cab/cab for sale with efi harness. no drivetrain, will sell, make offer

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re:Wall Mart and BFG's
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2003, 12:35:29 AM »
:circle:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2003, 09:15:16 AM »
Thats a killer price..I have a new set of bfg's on the suburban..I have had side wall problems in the past with bfg's on my wheeler.Only in the rocks though..Every where else they seem to kick ass..
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2003, 11:45:29 AM »
everyone is telling me the sidwalls dont hold up but mine look like this and still work awsome!
rest in peace Effay

85 extra cab/cab for sale with efi harness. no drivetrain, will sell, make offer

vikingsven

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 144
  • Member since Jul '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2003, 03:48:09 PM »
Not too shabby!! What size are they??
I remember on PBB someone posted up a price of $140/ea for 35" MTRs.  They posted the receipt too so you can print it out and Walmart, Sears, etc. would price match.  :beer: :eyebrow:
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2003, 03:49:30 PM by vikingsven »

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2003, 04:23:14 PM »
35-12.5-15

I guess i f i could find the reciept i would post it up...
rest in peace Effay

Brandon

• Hawk
  • Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 193
  • Member since May '02
  • I believe in Life before Death
    • View Profile
    • www.RiverCityRockCrawlers.com
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2003, 08:57:45 AM »
my sidewalls were WHITE from rubbing the sides but not one puncture in atleast 6 years..
Brandon Miller
RCRC, Sacramento, CA
www.RiverCityRockCrawlers.com

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2003, 01:32:03 AM »
well i thought they were pretty tuff but tonight found how much they can suck.... Sidewalls are week on the new ones.... My old ones were the :pokinit: but the new ones suck. ripped two sidewalls within 10 minutes... In practically nothing :mad: I will tell you about how well wall-mart honors there warranty tomorrow....
rest in peace Effay

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2003, 02:34:47 AM »
dude that sucks..sorry to hear that..I had herd the new ones were better with the new side wall action..guess not..But My bfg's don't get wheeled so i would not know..keep us posted on what happenes with warranty... :_order:
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2003, 02:36:46 AM »
to make the night better: heres the story:

i just got home from In and Out, was working on a buddy's truck .... well i saw a friend(Wes) and talked for awhile in a new parking lot behind a new car wash across from AMPM..started talking about trucks and i told him he couldn't get past the first tree on the hill because he was talking :pokinit: like always.. so he tried and couldn't so i did it in 2wd hi then tried a harder spot and ripped my sidewall on something...i looked and couldn't find or feel anything in the dirt.( I now believe everyone on this board who said BFG's were crap) It was all loose clay.. so we went to In And Out to re-fix my tire and get something to eat(because the first patch was leaking) and Almost got in a fight with 20-25 punk rocker kids in some sort of a band going across the country because they were lighting firecrackers in the parking lot and one shot under my truck and exploded while i was sitting on the ground fixing my tire.. I was REALLY pissed and was about to start swinging (i'm not the kind of guy that swings for nothing... I was ready to destroy this kids face because i just about got hit by a flaming firecracker and then have it blow up and shoot flames all up under my truck while i'm sitting on the ground 3-4 feet away!) at this freakin kid when Wes saw 4-5 police cars pull in so we got back in our trucks and and went to the AMPM parking lot to cool off(next door)... you have no idea how mad i was, don't think i have ever been so pissed.. they were all the punk rocker/earings/nose rings/ lip ring/ exc exc... kids. You know i probably wouldn't have wanted to beat the kid if he came over and said sorry it was stupid or something but before i had a chance to get over to them they had lit another and were all laughing.. Wes was following me because it went under his truck to get to mine and he was walking over to me in between the trucks when it went by so it pissed him and his/my other friend off that was standing there also..This was the first time i was mad enough to go after someone...anyway i'm still pissed and want to go find the kid  Make things wors my tires were only a week old! I will fill you guys in on wall mart honoring there warranty tomorrow...They better or they will be dealing with one pissed off kid
rest in peace Effay