Author Topic: Who's into horses??  (Read 2319 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Who's into horses??
« on: Jan 12, 2006, 05:28:22 PM »
Here's something we haven't talked much about.  Who is into horses? I was thinkin bout takin our horses on a camping trip and the rigs and havin some fun.... wheelin, horseback riding, maybe some fishin.  I got a few people lined up, they just don't know it yet :psss: BD, supermat, spotter :eyebrow:  We ain't got a date set, it's whenever we can all get the time off, and wherever the horses are welcome as well as the trucks.

All that's besides the point.  Anyone have horses? We got a few.  My mare I had since I was 8.  I bought her from the Susanville BLM, and I still have her! She's gettin up there in age, but we have 8 other horses that we use for the ranch fun :yupyup: We have 2 appys, 3 mustangs, 1 arab/welsh, 1 arab, 1 mini horse, oh, and I guess the donkey counts too :hahaha:

Who's got what?  :hammerhead:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Who's into horses??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2006, 07:35:26 PM »
my freinds aunt has horses..... my sister did the horse thing when she was young....... I was on one  onces or twice..

I   guess i just need a on/off switch   throttle/ brake...   I don't like being passenger   riding a horse to me is like trying to drive  from the passenger seat.

LoL  has anyone ever have that dream  driving from the back seat  or pass side  i have it's wierd <   smack  off topic sorry.
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2006, 10:10:06 PM »
my freinds aunt has horses..... my sister did the horse thing when she was young....... I was on one  onces or twice..

I   guess i just need a on/off switch   throttle/ brake...   I don't like being passenger   riding a horse to me is like trying to drive  from the passenger seat.

LoL  has anyone ever have that dream  driving from the back seat  or pass side  i have it's wierd <   smack  off topic sorry.
:screwy:

I was practically born on a horse :love: .............. and yes uncle, I have had that dream... tryin to drive from the back seat from behind the real driver :yikes: :screwy:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2006, 05:05:21 PM »
i grew up on horses but once i moved to the valley i became allergic to them so i have to take allery medicine if i want to ride now.  my parents still have horses though.  they are still really big into it.  they have four right now.  a little colt and filly and a mare that is like 3 and a guelding that is four.  they show reining and cutting.  they go all over parents trailer actually is an exiss with full living quarters.  i think i broke my moms heart when i told her that i didn't want to show any more and i sold my horse.  i still like riding though.  i actually pac guided for two summers in high school.  my pops actually has his judges card for nrha (national reining horse association)

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2006, 10:46:51 PM »
That's awsome ssb! Well, awsome that you were raised on em.  I was never into anything formally, we just trained our horses and other people's horses, but anything "proper" as I call it is foreign to me.  Shoot, we used water jugs to "de-spook" our horses :rofl: It's something that a more proper horse trainer would frown on, but it worked!! My horse was bomb proof in 2 months :yupyup:

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2006, 10:37:52 AM »
when i was younger we had big banners like budweiser and other thing companies tied to the the fence so that they would pop in the wind. always good for a little crow hoppin when one of those things popped right next to you and scared the horses.  never drug bottles but logs.   but my horse was a roping horse so he had to be used to draging things.

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2006, 12:16:27 PM »
Hell yea, glad you started this thread.  :horseride:
 My family has horses, all together we have around 20-25 between.  We have them primarily for hunting but occasionally we go for joy rides in the summer.  We really only deal with Appaloosas due to there stamina and strength.    Stuborn SOB's though I tell ya.

Mine is named Rambo.   :yupyup:   Tried cattle for awhile but to much work to butcher, plus they don't get along with the Horses that well.

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2006, 02:31:05 PM »
We have four horses. Two Quarter horses and two Paso Fino horses.
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2006, 10:24:48 PM »
My horses have always been small and lazy.  Cept when I was younger and rode them all the time, they were just small then.  My mare I have now is like my best friend with 4 legs.  I could never give her up!!! I know when her time comes it's gonna be like losing a family member :rivers: but I'll enjoy her while I have her :yupyup:

I plan on getting a Quarter sometime soon so I can get back into riding more, but for now my usual horse is an Appy mare named Rose.  Cadillac on feet she is! Can control her with one finger, unless it comes to stopping :yikes:  :hammerhead:  :smack:

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2006, 07:24:21 PM »
I have been around horses my entire life.  My dad has been a professional horseshoer for the past 27 years and he taught me how to do it for my senior project.  Now I work with another farrier part time as an assistant on really high level hunter jumper horses and event horse.  That is about as far as my relationship with horses goes though I love to work with them and be around them but I have never riden one and really have no desire too except when I have to walk them back to a far away stall at the end of a long work day.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2006, 11:23:15 PM »
I do my horses feet when I get a chance and can find my mom's tools, but last time I did it I shaved the tip of my knuckle right off :shudder: my thumb hasn't been the same since :smack:

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2006, 12:26:06 AM »
I used to ride. Until the horse I was riding slammed into a parked car. Stupid animals. There are 4 barns in my neighborhood, 1 is commercial housing over 30 horses. People drive up and down at all hours of the night....GAH!
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2006, 12:35:16 AM »
hey ffc, your donkey is cool, so is the one goat? with the big wraparound horns...
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2006, 08:25:27 AM »
wa4x4, it comes with the territory.  I'm lucky to have no boarders here, so I can usually sleep at night, until around 4:30 ish when the goats and llamas start whinin fer their breakfast.  Their pasture is right outside my window and they like to rub their horns on my wall :tantrum: :ack: As fer the horses, I can never get tired of them  :hammerhead:

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2006, 05:58:55 PM »
But seriously. 3AM? 4AM? Why are you up? Why do you need to see your horse so badly? They are cared for there, full boarding. Everything except excersizing.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2006, 06:03:35 PM »
But seriously. 3AM? 4AM? Why are you up? Why do you need to see your horse so badly? They are cared for there, full boarding. Everything except excersizing.

I didn't say I was up, I said they wake me up... and it SUCKS!!! And it's not the horses it's the Llamas.  When I'm tryin to see my horse in the middle of the night is when I hear noises and think the cougars finally got smarts :doh: