Author Topic: Friend Needs Help Coverting Pre-runner Taco to a 4x4  (Read 1785 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Friend Needs Help Coverting Pre-runner Taco to a 4x4
« on: May 04, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »
A friend of mine posted this on my bb http://www.spinninfours.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7121#7121 I figured I'd post his question here in case anyone knows the answer to his problem. Here's his problem, if anyone knows what is happening your help is appreciated.

Quote from: soksniffer on spinninfours forum
I'm trying to help a friend convert a pre-runner tacoma to a 4x4--no SAS--and we're at the swapping transmissions stage and have run into a problem. The tranmissions are nearly the same (it's mainly just the output shaft for the t-case that's different), both autos, but when we bolt up the 4x4 tranny, we can't turn the engine (by hand, I mean... the starter's disconnected). Neither of us can figure out what the problem is... the bellhousing, input shaft & torque converter are identical between the two. We've tried installing with the converter already on the drive plate, and tried it installing with the converter in the transmission, as per the Haynes book (or maybe the factory service manual). It all bolts together fine, but, as I said, once it's together, all is not fine as the engine can't be turned by hand.

Has anybody run into this kind of thing before?

The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

gabriul

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 100
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
put a wrench on it.
Also, is there the transfer case on it, or just the tranny.

Try taking it out of park.