• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
My job
« on: Oct 14, 2005, 01:03:15 AM »
Here is what I work on...its a good jet most the time. As long as you walk under it and rub its belly every once in a while. Its a DC-10 that the military converted over to a KC-10 to be able to do mid air refueling.
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Re: My job
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2005, 01:05:55 AM »
Thats got to be a sweet job.  Do you ever get to fly them?

FFC's Brother

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Hair =O
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2005, 01:08:38 AM »
the lower one looks like a b52 stratofortress... but thats just going off of books I used to read ages ago... and my memory is bad enough as it is.  and I thought they stopped production of them... so yeah.. awesome plane tho :D

edit.  looks kinda the same lol *hides*
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2005, 01:12:54 AM by FFC's Brother »
"I'm a mac gamer!"
*disappears out of existance*

"HAH, No such thing"

RHG [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2005, 01:17:22 AM »
I never get to fly them but I get to fly in them. Closest I get to flying them is when we have to do an engine run for checking a system to make sure we fixed it. We get to fire up the engines and run them up to full power while on the ground. Its got sooo much power, it will rock you to sleep at full power cause its bouncing around and wants to goooo! Here is another picture that I found, this is one of our 8 jets that can have "pods" attached to the wings. They are used to fuel up the navy jets that use a boom to recieve fuel. The pods reel out a basket looking thing and then the pilots of the fighters fly the boom into the basket and it starts to recieve fuel. These Pods are a hassle because they put added stress on the wings of the jet and makes certain components go bad faster. No worries though, these things arnt going to fall out of the sky on you. We have only lost one of our 60 KC-10's and that was on the ground. It caught on fire. Very meticulously maintained. I am an electrician on these things and I really enjoy it.

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 810
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2005, 03:42:16 AM »
Nice to see another Air Force guy on here. Im guessing your at Travis, since the tailflash is red on those tankers. I dont think people understand how good of a life we have in

the Air Force, I wish the same could be said for the other branches of service! Best kept secret IMHO   :psss:    I have not seen the desert in over 4 years!

F-15 Crew Chief here! Elmendorf AFB, AK   :usa:
Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind.

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2005, 05:16:31 PM »
I got to fly in a KC 135 when I was in AFJROTC in HS 'bout 8 or 9yrs ago
That's how I roll

rebel racer

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 66
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2005, 06:34:57 PM »
KC 135 crew chief  (NKAWTG)
85 x-cab -16" 36"iroks, spooled f&r, 5.29's, three shifters,oba and some other crap

Life . . . should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a attractive and well preserved body --- but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, beer in the other in the other,body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOW - What a ride!"

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2005, 08:00:30 PM »
I have heard about what good treatment you get in the Air Force and all my buddies in the Army and Navy call the Air Force "summer camp" because it is easier.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

RHG [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2005, 06:07:04 AM »
:blah: they are just jeluous because they get either stuck on a boat for 3-6 months at a time or live in tents. I aint stupid...why would I want to do that? I'm not burning them at all cause somebody has got to do it. Not me though. :nope: I like going home to a house at the end of my day. Hey we do our time in the desert too :yesnod:

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2005, 06:04:50 PM »
:blah: they are just jeluous because they get either stuck on a boat for 3-6 months at a time or live in tents. I aint stupid...why would I want to do that? I'm not burning them at all cause somebody has got to do it. Not me though. :nope: I like going home to a house at the end of my day. Hey we do our time in the desert too :yesnod:
I was never jealous of the you airmen. Like you, I volunteered, only I chose to be a grunt. We didn't do what we did because we had to, we did it because we wanted  to. People are different in many ways squirt, you'll figure that out with age.

PS....Thanks for your service to our country  :usa:
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2005, 05:25:14 PM by toecutter »
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2005, 02:23:13 AM »

Careful how you represent my Air Force on this forum, Army, Navy, Marines, Or even Coast Guard are far from being "stupid"  I have seen my fair share of Stupid people in the Air Force, and

while we sit in our air conditioned tents being pampered by the host nation, the real military is sitting on the front lines keeping us safe from the enemy.

I don't mean to bust your B@!!s but just use a little more tact in the future when discussing other branches of service       :therethere:

RHG [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2005, 08:38:21 PM »
I'm not burning them at all cause somebody has got to do it.

Ya maybe I came across like an ass towards the other branches. Sorry bout that.  :usa: I have huge :respekt: for them. Like I said, somebody has to do it. And if it wasnt for the people who volunteered to do that then I'd be doing it. No way meant to  :flamer: ya guys nor do I think I'm better than you. IMHO I think the guys on the frontline are hardcore and deserve all the credit.  :biggthumpup:

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2005, 11:49:53 PM »
But for the record....nearly ALL of my relatives who served in other branches wish they took the Air Force route!     :yupyup:

Atleast if they went career.

battletoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -96
  • Male Posts: 31
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Hold My Beer, Check This Sh*t Out!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2005, 09:29:32 AM »
This is my aircraft. It's good to see so many other military personnel on here.