Author Topic: anyone need anything precision cut .... PLASMACAM.....linktabs and such...  (Read 2199 times)

Jared

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 170
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Rolled baby.... IN front of my house....
    • View Profile
well i just talked to my autoshop teacher and he has a free summer... He also just purchased a PLASMACAM which is like a CNC macine.  He was wondering if there is a high demand for anything cut.. he can cut like random pictures of cars out of sheetmetal and i even cut my bender arms using that machine...  Today i cut out some links for a buddy who is goin to link his suspension.. i plan on workin on it this summer so if anyone needs anything cut just let me know...  I just want to see what you guys would make with a 11,000$ machine...
ah the beauty of a cuttin torch

bjwest

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -26
  • Member since May '04
  • desert crawler
    • View Profile
try to mimmic someones crossover steering arms and sell them for less (not marlins of cource)  :yupyup:

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
Or like a rear disk brake mount!  Steering box/frame plates.  Something like FROR t-case mount. 

Jared [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 170
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Rolled baby.... IN front of my house....
    • View Profile
I can cut those with ease... i have already cut out two frorf tcase mounts out of 1/8 inch sheet metal just to see how they turned out...  came out freakin sick....just gotta cut it out of 1/4 plate... only problem is 1/4 plate is money right now.... i would think that 1/4 inchplate is a bit to small and thin so maybe 3/8s  but that is even more...
ah the beauty of a cuttin torch

shad

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -182
  • Male Posts: 392
  • Member since Mar '05
  • waiting for warmer wheeling weather
    • View Profile
You should make some 20r efi conversion intake manifold plates I know there is a demand for those
86 Toyota 4 runner
22re screaming on 4.56's rolling 35's
My cardomain page

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
You should make some 20r efi conversion intake manifold plates I know there is a demand for those

Where would you possibly get that idea?  Only problem I see is can you cut aluminum with a plasma?  I don't think a steel adapter would work too well between an aluminum head and manifold, but if you could cut aluminum then.....

And is the FROR tcase mount the one that mounts to the back of the case?  If so, build em and sell em here cheap.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

bluetoy84

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -100
  • Male Posts: 300
  • Member since Jun '04
  • rice bouncer
    • View Profile
Where would you possibly get that idea?  Only problem I see is can you cut aluminum with a plasma?  I don't think a steel adapter would work too well between an aluminum head and manifold, but if you could cut aluminum then.....

And is the FROR tcase mount the one that mounts to the back of the case?  If so, build em and sell em here cheap.

Yes you can cut aluminum with a plasma cutter , but there is a HUGE differance in machine work and a CNC plasma cutter. A plasma cutter is only good for cutting flat pattern shapes in sheet metal or plate (such as the FROR t-case mount )

I think I could easily build a EFI to 20r adapter if there's really that big of a demand for them. I'm a machinist and I build parts way more complicated than that every day. I have access to any type of CNC machine tools and SURFCAM programming software so a simple adapter shouldn't be a problem. What would someone be willing to pay for one?
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE..............need I say more?

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Something that could be made out of 20 gauge and fun to do would be custon grilles
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Yes you can cut aluminum with a plasma cutter , but there is a HUGE differance in machine work and a CNC plasma cutter. A plasma cutter is only good for cutting flat pattern shapes in sheet metal or plate (such as the FROR t-case mount )

I think I could easily build a EFI to 20r adapter if there's really that big of a demand for them. I'm a machinist and I build parts way more complicated than that every day. I have access to any type of CNC machine tools and SURFCAM programming software so a simple adapter shouldn't be a problem. What would someone be willing to pay for one?

WELL GET ON IT BOY!!!!  I'd do it myself but I'm lazy, not terribly precise, have no patience and am too shaky for a dremel.  But then again I'm cheap..........
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

bluetoy84

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -100
  • Male Posts: 300
  • Member since Jun '04
  • rice bouncer
    • View Profile
I'll see what I can come up with when I get some free time. :thumbs:
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE..............need I say more?