Author Topic: Trail Worthy Fab Closed?  (Read 1555 times)

Dr Phat

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 305
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Trail Worthy Fab Closed?
« on: Apr 01, 2022, 02:15:16 PM »
Anyone know what happened to Trail Worthy Fab? They were big on selling custom bead lock rims, especially recentered Hummer Wheels. Their website is down, social media not updated in months, and people haven’t been able to get a hold of anyone there.

Gnarly4X

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,254
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Trail Worthy Fab Closed?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2022, 03:31:26 AM »
Anyone know what happened to Trail Worthy Fab? They were big on selling custom bead lock rims, especially recentered Hummer Wheels. Their website is down, social media not updated in months, and people haven’t been able to get a hold of anyone there.

Like a flea fart in a hurricane.... they completely disappeared.

Probably climate change. :gap:

Gnarls. :usa:
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3715
  • Male Posts: 2,854
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2022, 05:26:39 AM »

That's a good question. I was looking to get their 17" DBL, but I got no response so I went a different route.
Time to go wheelin!

Dr Phat [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 305
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2022, 09:17:44 AM »
That's a good question. I was looking to get their 17" DBL, but I got no response so I went a different route.

Shameless plug but I have a full set of their 16.5” DBL rims for sale

Trail Worthy Fab

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jul '22
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2022, 09:11:17 PM »
As the Owner of Trail Worthy for 19 years.  We definitely are not closed.  We had a large case of employee theft.  Charges are being filed this week.  We did shut down for 32 days to get the bank in to do a detailed inventory. 

Back stronger than ever!!   Our site is back up and staff is in place to fill orders.  We are currently building a new website as well.   This one has served us well for over 10 years but time for change. 

Please feel free to call the shop 316-337-5311 we would be more than happy to help in any way.

Todd C. Wooten

Owner: Trail Worthy Fab

Gnarly4X

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,254
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2022, 04:15:57 AM »

Mr. Todd C. Wooten,

Having spent a good part of over 22 years off-roading as a hobby, the support by businesses like yours often times was very important to allowing, or maintaining, my off-road vehicles to be at a level of my particular off-road activities and enjoyment.

So, I appreciate the people and businesses that support a relatively small niche market of consumer hobbyists.

However.... as a Communications Analyst, with an extensive career background in Sales, Marketing and Advertising, it's my opinion that it is somewhat irresponsible that you were unable to notify, somehow, that your company was still going to be in business in the very near future, and unavailability of your product was only a temporary issue.

Good customer service starts with servicing your customers.

That's just an observation based upon the few posts here in this thread.

Gnarls. :usa:
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein