Author Topic: HUGE thanks to a few MC Gentlemen  (Read 317 times)

Campin Buddy

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
HUGE thanks to a few MC Gentlemen
« on: Sep 16, 2019, 02:54:15 PM »
I'd like to hugely thank a guy named Larry from the Reno area and two other gentlemen from the Fresno area (sorry, forgot to catch your names) for fabbing and welding a trailside repair on my Jeep TJ.

We were pulling into Rubicon Springs on our second day of trail when I noticed my steering felt sloppy. I added some steering fluid that night thinking that would help. We were packing up to tackle Cadillac Hill the next morning when I noticed the ENTIRE front axle track bar mount had broken free from the frame rail, leaving a gaping hole. We were dead in the water. We rigged up a ratchet strap to hold the axle in place but steering was still pretty limited.

We talked to Tony the caretaker (super nice guy!) and he introduced us to a group of three Marlin Crawlers and they took on the repair job like real professionals. I took quite a few hours in the hot sun to get the mount welded back on and braced enough to tackle the hill out. It would have been incredibly difficult, if not impossible, without their help. We made it off trail safely and another couple hundred miles back to SoCal without a problem.

I can't thank them enough but I've taken it upon myself to become a better welder and come prepared on trail so I can pay it forward in the future.

Thank you again Gentlemen.