Author Topic: Sorry, "another whats it worth".....opinions appreciated.  (Read 1510 times)

merrell187

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile

I am thinking about selling my project Toy due to recent "corrective" sugeries that have more or less left me handicap and unable to complete and I need the money way more than I need this sitting here. What I need to find out is what this thing is worth before I try and sell it, and yeah I know I will probably be loosing alot on it, but here is what it is....

84 Toy ex-cab w/ a ford 5.0, auto, toy case, v6 ifs rear axle, spool for rear (not installed), dual batteries. The following parts are installed and brand new: suspension, all-pro rears, rancho 44044's up front, Marlin shackles on front, brakelines (Marlin), marlin 1.5" wheel spacers, Marlin u-bolt flip kits front and rear, Roger Brown 3" body lift, Marlin hysteer, new computer for engine. Also have some other new parts that go with it as well: interior roll cage, diff armor, remote oil filter, etc. And I am sure that there is a whole lot more that I am forgetting.

To complete, the truck needs a new radiator, new exhaust from the end of the header flange back, batteries hooked up, fuel lines reconnected, front driveline, shocks, and probably a tune up. It was running strong when it was parked and I started to work on it, and it has been garaged the whole time so I think that it should run similarly when someone puts a little tlc into it. It is CA smog legal, and has the plates riveted inside the door although it has not been registered for several years, but all the smog stuff is there. It will also need some new tires, as the ones on it are pretty dry rotted. Since it is not surrently running it would have to be moved with a trailer or tow dolly. I don't think that it would take a whole lot to complete and it will be a sweet truck when finished....unfortunately I can no longer be the one who finished it....

So, I guess I would like to know what something like this would be worth? I know that it wasn't cheap to build to this point, but I cannot finish this so someone will probably score on my loss. Am I better off trying to trade it for something else?

Thanks in advance for opinions, and my apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this.
Merrell187

merrell187 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I forgot to mention, although probably not that hard to figure out with the mentions of smog, the truck is in N.Cal.....
thanks again

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8403
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
If you have a friend that would help you complete it you will get way more than you will for a non running project. Maybe find someone willing to wait & be paid when you sell the truck if you don't have any willing friends. Just my  :twocents:
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

merrell187 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I have been trying to talk my brother into doning just that, problem is he is in his last year at UC Davis and doesn't have much time at all right now....
thanks for the advice

What would something like this be worth as is?

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
Your best bet would be to trade it for something you can use, a vehicle of similar value. 

Otherwise, I would think that a price of about $5-6k should be expected( I know you have more than that into it), unfortunately, even finished built rigs rarely bring more than $8-9k(even when they have $15-20k invested).  You might be able to get more if you contact one of the local 4x4 shops in your area and explain your situation.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod