Author Topic: AZ Rockit: 85 4Runner 3rz R151F Dual MC cases 244:1 37s  (Read 13407 times)

Gnarly4X

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,245
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Jesus

Jesus had nothing to do with airing down his tires.

Gnarls.
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

Gnarly4X

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,245
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Tiger Mine Road

Had an urge to take a ride....

I haven’t been on those roads for quite awhile. The only way they could be “difficult” for us double-gnarly wheelers is if you run across a deep washout.  The actual 4-wheel trails typically run off the graded roads and into a wash… a very rocky wash.

There are some power line roads and old mining roads that have not been maintained and badly rutted from years of rain and can be very difficult, and fun.

Many of the “off-road books” written are for the general public and often have the rating of the trail on difficult side and mostly just back roads that are semi-maintained.

I always aired down to 10 lbs when going off-road… just way less bumpy and avoided beating the crap out me to and from the trail head.

Most of trails we do here in Arizona is dry desert and lots of rocks.  I love the geography and landscapes.  The floral and fauna is incredible.  You can be at 1,000 feet at 75d F and in less than 2 hours be in 5 feet of snow at 7,000 feet at 30d F.

On some runs the dust becomes an issue. The dirt and dust here contains a fungal spore that can cause Valley Fever - very nasty.  There were many times I was so glad I had a Toy truck with windows and A/C.  The guys with open vehicles would be covered with a red dust!

Going out for an exploratory drive on a Sunday morning can be really relaxing and you don’t have to get crazy on nasty trail.

By the way….  You should absolutely NOT be doing 55 MPH on those roads!  They are a popular drive for many people on ATVs, motorcycles, 4x4s, and campers.  Running head-on into a kid on quad will ruin your day and possibly your entire life!

I like the photo documentary!  :beerchug:

Gnarls.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2019, 04:57:51 AM by Gnarly4X »
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein