Author Topic: New Member 3RZ Swap  (Read 558 times)

epantano

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 275
  • Member since Aug '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
New Member 3RZ Swap
« on: Aug 15, 2016, 04:49:51 PM »
Hi All,

I am newly registered to the forum and been looking at this site for a long time. I finally got myself a 1987 4x4 pickup about a year ago and spent that time cleaning it up. I also managed to score myself a used 98 taco 3rz motor to swap in as well as some of the swap parts.

My current setup is very rough. I have almost no interior except very nice 4runner seats. Fiberglass all around since the original metal fenders were a bit rusted out. However the frame and all cab metal looks solid. There were a few spots that i cleaned up with a grinder and paint.

I have no AC or powersteering currently on the 22R. The 3rz has both powersteering pump and AC compressor. My Questions is how difficult will it be to get Ac and power steering running and what additional parts would I need to make it work?

I am reading the swap threads posted by Morpheine and BigMike. I believe I have most of the mechanical worked out except the oil pan and how i need to modify for the diff on my IFS. I know everyone says go solid axle first. I just don't have the money to do both right now.

Once i have all the fitment stuff figured I can delve in to the electrical, this certainly scares me a bit. Does anyone have resources on what wire go to what wire on the 22R? Or perhaps a good recommendation on what FSM to get? I have Chilton one that i picked up from autozone and it is crap...

I'm excited to get my project going. Just taking it slow while i figure the best way to make it happen.

Thanks!