Author Topic: It's okay, I'm here now  (Read 10997 times)

fasterspider

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 278
  • Member since Apr '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: It's okay, I'm here now
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2016, 01:12:16 PM »

I can't afford a cross steering set up yet but, this drop drag link was cheap and for the amount of lift she has so far, the drop drag link is good enough.
fasterspider, now older and slower.

fasterspider [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 03:07:43 PM »
I am attempting to put the dual T case in alone and only have one good hand, it is not working out too well.
So far I have only dropped the T case off the jack once  :hammer: and it landed bad which caused a bit of damage to the mating surface that I was able to fix no problem and some extra gasket maker will ensure no leaks but, I didn't see the bolt hole threads got messed up too and of course that was the last bolt to go in and wouldn't so I had to drop the T case and chase threads which was easy but, putting the T case up again has proven to be a futile effort.
I broke my left wrist twice in motorcycle wrecks and it is pretty much useless, doesn't even hold a watch. This is why I don't ride motorcycles much anymore, it is too painful to hold a handle bar.

fasterspider [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2016, 06:39:11 PM »
I am attempting to put the dual T case in alone and only have one good hand, it is not working out too well.
So far I have only dropped the T case off the jack once  :hammer: and it landed bad which caused a bit of damage to the mating surface that I was able to fix no problem and some extra gasket maker will ensure no leaks but, I didn't see the bolt hole threads got messed up too and of course that was the last bolt to go in and wouldn't so I had to drop the T case and chase threads which was easy but, putting the T case up again has proven to be a futile effort.
I broke my left wrist twice in motorcycle wrecks and it is pretty much useless, doesn't even hold a watch. This is why I don't ride motorcycles much anymore, it is too painful to hold a handle bar.
flopp all I was going through, the T case is in with the new cross member, just need driveshafts now.

Progress with help.

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 05:11:51 AM »
Should really start a proper build thread rather than putting on this thread which is supposed to be purely for introducing yourself.

fasterspider [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 12:13:52 PM »
Should really start a proper build thread rather than putting on this thread which is supposed to be purely for introducing yourself.
I think I can handle that, no worries.