Author Topic: immunizations for infants  (Read 2574 times)

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
Re: immunizations for infants
« on: Aug 12, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »
Jumbo is right for the school enrollment. My oldest has a learning disability. She had a high fever when she was an infant. A fever is common after getting some shots. I don't know for sure if any of her shot were the cause of her disability. She's 19 now. My other 3 kids have had all the required shot for school but I waited until the last minute to get them. None of them have a disability.

I had a coworker tell me she signed a waiver and opted to not have the shots done on her son, and when he went to school, they just maid her sign another waiver.

when you say you waited til the last minute, you mean you waited til they were old enough to go to school?  our pediatrician is giving us a hard time for not wanting to give our 4 month old 7 to 8 shots at a time.  she is already way behind on her shots, but I don't feel confortable giving her that many shots all at once at such a young age.  it just doesn't seem like a 4 month olds body can handle that much junk in their system all at once.  yet alone starting them at 1 month old.  I would like to postpone the rest that we havn't got yet for as long as possible, but how long is that?
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW