Author Topic: Project BoostedRunner, SOLD  (Read 532212 times)

Jordan7118

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,105
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
i basically cut the body right down the center of the floor.  I started from a center point right in line with the back of the b pillars and centerline of the width of the floor.  then i marked the center (width) point of the body in the back where the tailgate would normally be.  I measured 5.5 inches on either side of it (so i would be cutting out 11 inches total) then ran a strip of tape from each one of those marks all the way to the center point i made earlier.  This left me with a triangle /\ shape to cut out of the floor.  before i cut that out i cut the two rearmost body mounts off the frame on both sides so the body could slide in towards the frame.  then i had to cut the floor all the way accross (width wise) right inline with the b pillars so the floor had a place to move when i pulled the sides in.  its complicating to explain without pics, and alot of goofy things start to happen when you narrow a body!  i order to really do it the "right" way it would have taken alot longer!  but since its a rock crawler and i basically dont even have a floor behind the rear seats, its gonna work fine for me.  I also had to modify the body mounts that i cut off so they would line up wit the holes in the body agan.  It was pretty simple though, basically just cut some material off so they could sit in closer to the framerails

That is almost very clear to me. My biggest question is how you got the body to bend right behind the door seam (B-pillar, I guess). That I can't figure out.

Any pics you can supply would be great! That's really a great idea!