Author Topic: Turtles, Tortoise, Reptiles of Marlin  (Read 2231 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Turtles, Tortoise, Reptiles of Marlin
« on: Apr 08, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »
only the kamodo dragans have that deadly bacteria in their saliva, shes only dangerous when shes hungry, jumps at anything that she thinks is food. this one is know to be the most aggresive of monitors, took me 3 years to tame. I have a few friends that have scars from her, only because they where drunk trying to play with her. Its fun when I have partys and see who has the balls to feed her.

Before I wrote that reply...I looked it up to be sure I was right. I found this and several other articles.

"Capturing Nile monitors is definitely not for the faint hearted. Their bites can prove nasty and even fatal to humans and other animals, due to the fact that although they are not venomous, they do carry a variety of germs and potentially lethal pathogens in their saliva and medical treatment should be sought immediately. In addition, although they currently attempt to avoid people, if cornered they rear-up on their hind legs, hiss and lash out with their sharp teeth, claws and strong tails."

http://www.squidoo.com/floridamonitorlizards

They are not venomous, their saliva is full of goobers that cause infection...making the bite more dangerous.

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)