Author Topic: This is going to far!  (Read 2271 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: This is going to far!
« on: Feb 25, 2011, 05:29:55 PM »
Small steps to communisum. Whats next laws telling us how to eat so we dont choke, how long to take a bath so we dont freeze, when to talk in person, etc.

Got news for you bubba...some of those laws are already here. 

The problem is many fold. Stupid kids grow up get jobs in government. Government, almost by it's very nature, excels at being stupid. Stupid people don't die off fast enough to negate their existence...so their effect grows like the mold in a Norleans shanty. As long as stupid people are...stupid, they'll keep electing other stupid people who will try to protect stupid people from society (instead of the other way around). I could go on...
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)