Author Topic: 22re troubles  (Read 1795 times)

Jagdverband44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 155
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
Re: 22re troubles
« on: Feb 18, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »
I was dealing with a really bad miss that was a lot like yours, unpredictable etc.. It was a combination of my TPS being out of spec and me not realizing that a 22re with a 268 cam and a street RV head would need a little more fuel than a stock setup. First, adjust the TPS back to stock with the directions presented on 4crawler.com since you took it off and its kind of a b*tch so be patient. Second, if you put the LC injectors in, it may be possible to compensate for the higher flow rate by making the mixture richer at the air flow meter and I think that is why people switch to an AFM from a larger engine. The Denso ones are great because you can play with the mixture by cracking the thing open and turning the gear inside counter clockwise (I think) to richen it out. I fixed my miss by going one tooth richer, adjusting my TPS and running diesel kleen in the gas because my injectors were filthy from the last engine having burned coolant. 4crawler is a great resource and will give you all the info about the old school injection. Good luck and post results.
I've got the most liftedest truck in town, that little jap truck done stand no chance gainst my Chevy. My Chevy gots a V8 more lift an bigger tires,and an exhaust system, whats yer tuna can got, a V4, and them tires look like they is offa Saturn Corulla. The dealer instulled my lift, so ya no its done right, you just try to foller me throo them rocks an see what a reel truck can do.