Author Topic: My 3.0 is hurting:(  (Read 5068 times)

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
Re: My 3.0 is hurting:(
« on: Dec 02, 2010, 08:03:17 PM »
I think 42 is for a speed sensor, speed sensor circuit, possibly TPS or AFM.  IIRC, there are two speed sensors, one behind the speedometer, and one at the transmission.  The one in the speedometer went bad in my '90, causing the ecu to think the truck was idling, even when cruising along at 75.

Code 51 is possibly TPS, A/C switch, A/C amplifier, neutral start.  Where did you get the the new TPS from, was the original one bad?

If you have a Toyota dealer nearby, swing by the service department(if they are friendly) and ask to talk to a tech, they could likely give you an idea of what the code is most commonly linked to, rather  than testing each one listed.

You can download a pdf file of the what the codes could be here 3vze Codes , main site here Ebooksquad.com.  The download is free.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod