Poll

poll

have
1 (100%)
have not
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: Apr 03, 2010, 12:30:36 PM

Author Topic: KDXSR5s Wyo DD Build: Starting To Come Together.............SLOWLY  (Read 137825 times)

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
how do you like the rear bumper? I was thinking about making my own because i wanted it tucked up a little higher. However looking at yours I don't think I could make one that would gain much more clearance than Marlins and still use my tailgate?

It has served me well. From the tires back would have been forcefully removed many moons ago without it. I do not go on many rocks (I hardly consider shale a real rock compared to granite and such that others wheel on), so i can't tell you how it would fair in rocks.

I have had two different vehicles hit it (chevy 1500 and a suburban), and I have backed into a popup (OOPS!!!!!!) and all it has ever done is leave paint and scratches in the powder coat while taking out whole corners on the other vehicles.

I have had the whole back of the truck held up by it both working on it and wheeling it. I have dropped on it pretty damn hard more than once... hard enough to make kidneys hurt.

I tow trailers with it (you will definitely want to weld it to the frame if you are going to tow with it or drop really hard onto the bumper, both will cause it to move if it is just bolted on)

It does hug the body pretty well, and the step on it is nice as are the D-ring mounts. If you are trying to keep a bed from getting messed up, it should work pretty well for you. If you are doing or have a body lift, the support bars that go under the sides of the bed will hang lower and potentially be a problem.

After seeing some damaged ones, I am thinking about adding cross bracing to mine.

If you have more specific questions, just ask. I really like the bumper even though I don't really have a very nice bed to protect. It was the only mod to this truck for the first year or so I had it, and I am really happy with the purchase. It really works well for an unmodified bed setup, and I think it looks pretty nice as well.