Author Topic: t100 vs 4runner tcase questions  (Read 8939 times)

digitalferg

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '03
  • CruiserHead for Life
    • View Profile
Re: t100 vs 4runner tcase questions
« on: Aug 09, 2010, 07:25:19 PM »
Thanks for the info SocalWheeler71.  By any chance, did you physically inspect the T100 donor your trany and tcase came out of?  I've got a guy in another forum telling me that there is no such thing as an A340F tranny from behind a 3.4L that came factory with a passenger drop.  He's saying that when the T100 went to 3.4L with the A340F, it came with a drivers side drop tcase.  All the info I'm finding out there in internet land is saying otherwise...  So since yours had this combo, is your t100 case a passenger drop?  Any chance you have any pics of the truck, tranny, tcase or anything?

I hear what you're saying about the IW lefty.  It was my first thought.  It's so simple.  But the build I'm planning is already not so simple.  I'm swappin 80 series LC axles front and rear using the factory 80 series coils and links (as much as is possible of course).  My rig is not a crawler and the factory 80 series axles are plenty heavy duty for what I need/want.  I won't be bending any axle tubes unless I get into a wreck or jump 50 ft off a dune or something--and I've prob got bigger probs at that point than a bent axle tube.  :D  (and before another tangent starts, yes I am familiar with the off-center diff on the 80 series rear--its really not that far off-center and running it to a centered tcase output is not a big deal).

So since I'll be using the factory 80 series front, I'll be needing to go to a passenger front drop.  And after my initial searches regarding the the T100 tcase, it was sounding like there may be one that could just bolt up to the A340F in my 4Runner and retain stock length and position etc etc as far as the tranny and tcase goes.  I am still unconvinced either way as nobody has shown real proof, only a few people stating what they know from their swaps etc.  However, there are two other ways which I would be ok with doing if the T100 case doesn't work--an A343F/HF2AV out of the LC 80 and convert the case to part time, or get the marlin or IW adapter and run a gear driven tcase.

Again, my rig is not going to be a crawler.  It would be nice to have lower gearing in a tcase, but its not something I need for my rig.  I will be running a max of 35s (but will probably stick with 33s) and a very mild lift.  (The closest thing to what I want to do is PinkTaco's rig).

-Ferg-
2003 DoubleCab Tacoma