Author Topic: Concealed and/or open carry. Discuss  (Read 6679 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Concealed and/or open carry. Discuss
« on: Aug 04, 2010, 12:02:48 AM »
I think one thing needs to be reiterated.  It has been mentioned a couple times, but REMEMBER, GUN LAWS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.  I'd hope that most of us are smart enough to realize this, but what goes in one state (or county for that matter) may not go for another. 

Getting a CCW has its benefits and negatives.  Personally, I believe the benefits far outweigh the negatives.  You may recieve additional scrutiny during traffic stops, you may find different areas you can't go in with your weapon (gun safe zones do apply to CCW carriers in CA and NV, this I know), and you may have to make accomodations for your weapons.  However, you have additional security when you are carrying, are able to defend yourself when seconds matter, and you are able to protect your family.  This outweighs any negative I see.

Bleakhorizon, that does seem a little extreme for me.  I think that stems to a cops personal feelings towards guns, and their own comfort level with one. 

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent