Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1381 times)

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 977
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Jul 02, 2010, 07:21:09 AM »
Good luck... I hope it ends up being something simple like the battery... I just had to rewire my entire tuck. I completely rebuilt my dash and engine harness because of a short in the wire for the back up lights. It melted through my entire harness. I had the fuse blow a couple times, I unhooked the back up sensor on the trans and was on the road. I figured I would get to it when I had a little more time. When I unhooked the connectore for the back up lights, I put a new fuse in, one for the gauge cluster and back up lights is the same. I ran the truck for a couple weeks that way then one day I was driving down the freeway and smoke started barroling out of the dash. The fuse I put in was defective and didn't blow. The entire harness melted down, luckily the truck didn't go up in flames. I would strongly encourage you to take a good look at your harness.
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs