Author Topic: Disgrace to Off-Road Pics.  (Read 854698 times)

BikerTrash

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 207
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
Re: Disgrace to Off-Road Pics.
« Reply #2910 on: Jun 25, 2010, 05:54:29 PM »
I think its funny how you guys find some things on here to be a disgrace. Things like the CRX or that newer mustang a bunch of pages back need a lot of ingenuity to build and its cool if they're built but even cooler if they're functional. I don't know about you guys but if I saw an 07 mustang on the con, i would be totally stoked.

Theres a lot of Toyota's, including on this forum, that should be in this thread.

If it is done well then it would be a cool and unusual wheeler (which there is a thread for)  Some of the things (like the mustang a few pages back) really should be in that thread I feel. The CRX.... Cant really see well enough to tell, but just from the looks of the bumper, what looks to be a gangsta lean to the left, I would say that maybe just maybe the build quality ain't all that on it.

The other thing that might not belong in here even though I post pictures of them too) is the 4x4s on the blinged out rims. They are just disgraces to trucks in general, but they will probably never be offroad, so it is hard to be disgraceful to something you will never do (unless it is a jacked up truck on 54" boggers with no front drive shaft. then it definitely belongs in here)

But really, it is all opinion on here. I mean I could post pictures of my POS and they would DEFINATELY fit in well with the  crappy builds. it seems to work well offroad (when i can keep it running) so I have been hesitant to  change anything because one of the guys I wheel with has a 5" alpro lift, crossover steering, and a bunch of other "good stuff" nice build and what not, and it is friken scary to ride in.  Just driving up the main road at a park a few weeks ago, every time it hit a bump, or he turned it just felt "loose".  My no budget truck, except for the vibration from the swampers drives almost like my tow rig, a little rougher but still, it tracks true, and when i hit a bump it does not feel like i am going for the ditch.  wow I got sidetracked...   

Anyway, if you want to see my jalopy.  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26344.0

Mostly the same today, Back on the rims that the thornbirds were mounted on, running stauns, camo paint, but still the same crap suspension.  next project for it is redoing the wiring so I don't have a repeat of GSMTR.  out of six days up there spend 2 days working on it getting it to start after it decided it didn't want to run after I backed it off the trailer, the ran great for 2 days, then caught fire (in camp at least)
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2010, 06:00:47 PM by BikerTrash »
There is a fine line between clever and stupid, I just wish I knew when I crossed it.

84 4runner
02 Suzuki V-Strom
95 Honda 1100C1
06 Ram 2500 4x4
(please note, listed in order of preference)