Poll

poll

have
1 (100%)
have not
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: Apr 03, 2010, 12:30:36 PM

Author Topic: KDXSR5s Wyo DD Build: Starting To Come Together.............SLOWLY  (Read 136854 times)

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Ok, so its been a while since I updated. I bought some axle move forward plate things from Offroad Designs ( http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/Zero%20Rates.htm ) to move my axle forward an inch, and I swapped my leaf spring sides so the one I bent is on the passenger side. I shortened my draglink as I am still using push pull steering. I got some longer rear shackles (no they are not hitting the bumper, it just looks like it) as a gift so I put those in along with new bushings and bolts. I got the new diff in THANK YOU RED! and I had it all buttoned up and driving. My driveshaft was too short so I was waiting on money to buy a spacer from bobby long. That never happened.

One day, I was driving to work and my brakes started making noise, so after work I pulled the brakes apart. Guess what? No brake pads and metal on metal contact. For some reason the pads that were on the truck had no wear bars, so one of the rotors got destroyed. So I was looking at buying at least one new rotor and new brake pads.

Then I went to the shed and found some ifs calipers from I think the 90, and guess what? THEY HAD BRAND NEW PADS IN THEM! So I thought, well, I can buy a couple landcrusier rotors and use these and have better brakes, or I can buy possibly two stock rotors and brake pads and have the same brakes. Not to hard of a choice eh?

So i bought new landcruiser rotors from napa and the toyota is one again sitting in pieces :( . I am going to make custom backing plate eliminators while I have the axle torn apart too.

PICS