Author Topic: Hello from Oceanside, CA  (Read 4041 times)

pray4surf

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Oceanside, CA
« on: May 02, 2010, 10:16:24 AM »
After completing the basics on this conversion, I've slowly been adding and tweaking things...  None that really improve the trucks off-road capability. Most mods have been for comfort.

Purchased a CampingLab RTT, had a custom bedrack fabbed to transport the tent and had the rear frame palted with CBI plates, Stuck an Edgestar 43qt 12 volt fridge behind the drivers seat, added extra 12 volt cig lighter receptacles in the back of the truck, xmas present from the girls was a Tantrum VisionX LED rocklights set which have been installed.  Need to upgrade the rear suspension, Have an XD9000 winch lined up and should have that filling the hole in the front bumper in the next few weeks. Which also means I need to add a second battery. I've got CAD sketches for a couple of bed mounted jerry can holders that I need to get to work on.

Truck just flipped the odo over 200K yesterday.

We go out on average once a month, Anza Borrego, Calico, Corral Canyon, Santa Rosa Mtns, etc. - Knock on wood, the truck is still running strong (it's my daily driver also).  Hasn't let me down on the trails at all - Truck is more capable than the driver - everything I've asked it to do, it has done without complaint.

Here's a couple of recent pics

My wheeling direction has gone more towards overlanding rather than rockcrawling   :wink2: