Author Topic: OBAMACARE  (Read 7756 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: OBAMACARE
« on: Mar 20, 2010, 10:35:41 PM »
Don't be fooled for a minute. The "healthcare reform" is not so much to do about healthcare as it is a major power grab for the fedral govt. If they can control one of the largest industries in the US, then they have gained even more control over the common citizen, and made themselves more indespensable. There is not one single line in the US Constitution or Bill of Rights that gives the government the authority to control healthcare, or even suggests that it should be involved. I'm not suggesting that the current state of health care is totally sustainable, or shouldn't be tweaked some, but a government take-over is certainly not the answer.

For a preview of coming attractions, just walk into your local DMV, Court house, Welfare office or review how incredibly efficient the US postal service is, or even AmTrack for that matter.

IMHO, this is a disaster in the making, and too many of these "lawmakers" are just interested in getting re-elected or having their name on some landmark piece of legislation, without thinking what it will do to the country. I'm concerned that it will drive us into bankruptcy as a nation.Of course, they will pull money away from the schools in order to keep this monster afloat (they always do). This always works, 'cause then the population remains uneducated, and cannot rise against them. One can only hope it dies a painful death over the next few weeks, but I'd be very surprised if "something" isn't passed. Don't bother asking your congress or senate representatives, 'cause since they have not read it, ( and likely wouldn't understand it even if they did) they won't know anything about what it really says. Mr. Obama and his merry band of idiots are too hot on this to just let it die quietly like Hillarycare did.

Erik
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2010, 10:41:14 PM by germ »
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!