Author Topic: Project BoostedRunner, SOLD  (Read 538372 times)

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
im interested to see your tranny tunnel... i cut mine up and did a ghetto quick job on it for the summer but next winter i want to redo it to be boxy... i want to use some 1/2" square tubing then do flat sheet metal to it...
yeah i'm interested to see how it will come out too! ha ha   I dont have a whole lot of patients with sheetmetal so hopefully i dont get too pissed.  I'm hoping to work on it a bit this weekend.
runner looks sick, are you going to cut any more out of the front fenders looks like it will need it.   I think you should cut them out round like you cut the back it will look good.  One more thing I don't know how hard you drive but the front axle is going to need some beef gusset's or you will bend it. 
thanks bro!  your's has given me some good inspiration!  Yeah I do need to cut the front fenders up a bit more. I am planning on giving them a nice curved look also.  I love the look of your front end with those fiberglass fenders.  I did put a tubular gusset on the top of the front axle, I might sheet it in and put some speed holes in it.  The axle balls are already gusseted too so I think I will be ok.  I wheel hard, but conservitively, lol.  I have always tried to wheel pretty carefully because I broke so many damn front axles, I'm hoping I can hammer on it a bit harder now with the Longs.
Maybe I missed it, but what did you do with teh rear body mount when you bobbed the back.  I am thinking about bobbing mine, but wanted to see what you did, since it came out so clean.  Thanks
Right now I dont have the rear body mounts on. I did save the steel mount that was welded on the stock framerail though.  I am planning on welding that back onto the frame and drilling a new hole through the back of the body so i can put the mount in.
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823