Author Topic: Toyota has poop on it's face  (Read 12855 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: Toyota has poop on it's face
« on: Mar 13, 2010, 11:28:01 PM »
First: never underestimate the stupidity of the average human, and the corollary to that is: When given the opportunity, people will invariably do the stupidest thing possible. (remember, this is a generalization).

Second: In today's society, the majority of people will not take responsibility for their actions. It is ALWAYS someone elses fault. And there are plenty of bottom feeding scum suckers (lawyers) out there to remind you of this if you ever get the thought that it may have been your fault.

Third: If there is a way to get a quick buck, even if it means lying, cheating, perjury or just plain stealing, many people won't think twice before they act. Once they have chosen that path, they will have to do whatever it takes to maintain their position, even when it is untennable.

Fourth: The popular media are a bunch of idiots, who will latch on to anything they think they can make a headline out of ( and thus make a buck).

So, in conclusion, we have a bunch of idiots stirring up the pot because stupid people have done stupid things, and then lied about it so that the could get a few extra bucks, and in the process not have to take responsibility for their stupid actions.

Does Toyota really have a problem? I'm not smart enough to answer that question myself, but I certainly have my doubts that they would suddenly have such a major issue with so many cars across so many lines. And why are we not hearing about similar issues in Europe, South America and Africa, where there are more Toyotas than people? Like any auto manufacturer, there are going to be certain vehicles (individuals) that have problems. I find it hard to believe that it could be so wide spread, but then I am a skeptic and tend to be cynical at best. They do however have a major public relations issue right now. I wouldn't completely exclude the possiblity that the now government owned GM/Chrysler may have something to do with this, but I cannot substantiate that. Who would stand to gain if the #1 car manufacturer was made to look like it just stepped on it's richard?

Makes you think a little doesn't it???
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2010, 11:49:05 PM by germ »
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!