Author Topic: Rock of my Salvation +  (Read 2998 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Rock of my Salvation +
« on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:05:19 PM »
Very well said Jason  :thumbs:  Nobody has a right to tell you what you should or shouldn't do to prove your devotion.  If they do it kinda makes it more like a cult  :_oops:  I have to think that if your god were to hear that others were telling them what they have to do to prove their faith, he'd ask them what gave them the right to tell others what to do. 

That's just my :twocents: as somebody who's not the slightest bit religious so  ;)

:gap: thanks Nate.

Well if you read my post it say's nothing about Church attendence. Although I do believe going to Church is a good idea to worship, learn and grow as a Follower of Jesus Christ.My whole goal is to get people to take ther focus off whatever bad experience they may have had at Church or  Christian who may be a hippocrit and focus on Jesus Christ the Savior of the world.Salvation can't come from Church attendance or spending time in nature.not saying those are bad things in fact they are both great things but Salvation comes from having your sins forgiving by putting your Faith and trust in Jesus Christ. That his death on the cross was payment for your sins.
                  If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and beleive in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

Actually, your first response did mention church attendance :D  , but that is besides the point. 

None of the responses above have indicated any opposition to the statements you make concerning the basic structure of the Christian faith.  However, you've given essentially the same structured arguements in each response.  You keep going back to salvation.  Salvation has nothing to do with my choices or cheesemaker's.  The path to salvation is a path each person must take for himself, and each person's path of faith will suffer its ups and downs along the way.  As you said, no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes.  However, mistakes have consequences, and those consequences often affect other people.  Some of those consequences have determined how cheesemaker and I feel about certain things. Neither of our choices have indicated a disbelief in God, or even a falling away.  Why is it you keep going back to salvation? :dunno:

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent