Author Topic: Short car complex  (Read 5069 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Short car complex
« on: Mar 06, 2010, 10:34:01 PM »
I will say, I am a traffic ass.  If you come zipping down the freeway and get on my ass when I have a vehicle next to me and no chance to move over, I tap my brakes and slow down if you don't take the hint.  If you don't get the hint, I match the speed of the car next to me either until you get the point or until it's time to exit the freeaway.  But to make it worse, when I do pass the other car and move into the slow lane, I move over very slowly so you either have to a: wait even longer, or b: share the lane with me.  You'd be surprised how many idiots take option b, which just temps me to linger longer  :gap:

Now if you come running up behind me quickly and get the point when I tap the brakes and back off, I hold my speed and move over when I'm safely past the other car.

Now twisty roads... that's a different story.  Not to be cocky, but I rarely get passed.  Some people notice me coming up quickly and move out of the way at the first opportunity.  Some notice and move over after flashing my lights at them.  Some notice but refuse to move over no matter how patient I am or how many times I flash the lights.  It is then and only then that I'll ride their ass a little, but I'm still at a safe distance and can react. 

On the bike it's a different story still, but people are usually very willing to move out of the way when they see me coming  :biked:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!