Author Topic: How to tune a weber carb?  (Read 11211 times)

yoter4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 31
  • Member since Dec '08
  • Team Bungie!
    • View Profile
Re: How to tune a weber carb?
« on: Feb 22, 2010, 05:42:21 PM »
can someone possibly help a brother out here as well? i've got a reman 20r in my truck now, about 2000 miles on it and my weber treats me like total crap..

i don't know what my timing is set at, but truck runs fine on some days and like crap on others, i have tuned the carb a few times and been happy with the results, but it always goes back to kinda sputtering as i drive at a steady speed or hesitating at acceleration from a red light or something.  i'm losing my mind having to pull the screwdriver out every day and adjust the srews over and over..

Can someone school me on what screw is what? i have, i'm guessing, a throttle adjustment screw with a spring on the screw which is on the bottom passenger side of the carb, i have a brass/gold colored screw underneath the air filter on the passenger side of the carb, and another brass/gold colored screw on the driver side of the carb right under the air filter. the driver side screw doesn't seem to affect how it runs no matter where its at, the passenger side brass screw brings the idle way down to a sputter every time i back it out.. but my response seems much better when its backed out. and of course my throttle adjustment screw just turns the idle up and down.

i know this same thing has been asked a few times in here, not trying to jack a man's thread... but this damn carb is driving me nuts

thanks guys for any advice to get this thing somewhat on trrack.
Bullets don't know the difference between race, sex, or gender.. They Just Feed On Flesh!