Author Topic: The Health Care Reform Bill  (Read 3067 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: The Health Care Reform Bill
« on: Nov 28, 2009, 12:30:31 AM »
Look at all the other wonderful programs the Fed runs, and you can see about how well they'll do with healthcare. Medicare=Broke, Amtrak=Broke, Medicade=broke, welfare-broke. I cannot think of a single example (there may be one, but I can't think of it), where the fed has run a program where it didn't cost way more than anyone predicted, and increase beurocratic BS to new heights.

The worst part however, is that the lawmakers are not even reading the bill. They will glance thru parts of it, but then rely on someone elses "headlines" to explain what it will do. If you take a few minutes to read it, you'll see how you would pretty much need the entire collection of federal statutes available to try and figure out what they are doing. I tried to look up a few of them, but it's really hard to find, and then figure out what the change they are making is going to do.

I also have a problem with them "mandating" that everyone have some form of health care insurance, and then putting language in the bill that provides for fines or even criminal prosecution if you do not meet their definition of "coverage".

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!